Chapter 6: Akala Beach

You got out of bed, and saw that Colress was already awake, eating breakfast at the kitchen table. You sat down and joined him. He looked at you and said, "I'm thinking of going to the beach today. Wanna come?" You nodded and said, "Of course I'll go! But there's something I need to do first."

"Alright, I'll be waiting at the beach for you," Colress said. You walked out the door and went to the clothing store in Heahea City. You looked for a new swimsuit to wear, but none of them looked good enough. You eventually picked out a blue swimsuit with a Lapras on the corner. You also bought some sunglasses and sandals, and put your new clothes on in the fitting room.

You went over to the beach, but you didn't see Colress anywhere. You figured he would be there soon, and let your Pokémon out so they could play. Raichu was surfing on her tail, and Dartrix was just sitting by the shore, enjoying the nice view. Bagon kept on splashing Dartrix, and she got angry at him and started chasing him. Arcanine and Rockruff were sitting in the sand, because water made them uncomfortable. Zorua was sitting with them too, because she didn't like getting her fur wet.

Colress walked over with two Casteliacones in his hands. "These used to be really popular back where I'm from," He said. He handed one to you and you took a lick of it, and realized it was the most amazing thing you had ever tasted. Bagon ran over to you and tried to steal your food but you told him, "You can't have this, you'll get sick if you eat it." Colress said, "Actually, Pokémon love these too, and it heals them from status conditions as well." You let Bagon try a little bit, but he just devoured the whole thing in a single bite.

Colress started laughing, and it felt amazing to see that you had made him smile. You put Bagon on your lap and fed him some berries, and Dartrix walked over and stole them from him. She ran away with them, getting revenge for what Bagon had done earlier. In a fit of rage, he tried to headbutt Dartrix, but she was too fast for him. He tried to get his food back, but Dartrix ate the berries before he could catch her. 

Colress figured it would be a good idea to bury you in the sand. You felt his gentle touch as covered you with warm sand. But then Bagon started pouncing on you so he could see your reaction. You picked him up and placed him beside you, but he just started jumping on you again. "It looks like he wants to play with you," Colress said.

So you threw a stick for Bagon to play with, but Rockruff took it before he could catch it. Arcanine ran over and wrestled the stick away from Rockruff. You let Arcanine and Rockruff    play tug-of-war with the stick, but you lifted Bagon up into the air. You fed him a rainbow Pokébean, and he fell asleep on your shoulder.

A little while later...

You sat down with Colress to watch the sunset. Today had been perfect. You and Colress were going to watch the sun go down together, and then sleep under the stars. Colress had something on his mind that he had wanted to tell you for a while now, but he was too nervous to say it. He  decided that now would be the perfect time to tell you.

"Hey [Y/n]? Would it be alright if I told you a secret?" Colress asked. "Sure, what is it?" You asked curiously. He said, "Well, it's just that I sort of-" He was interrupted by the sound of footsteps. You were horrified to see that it was none other than Hau.

Hau looked over at you and asked, "Wait, is that that guy you kept on telling me about? He looks like a total nerd!" Tears streamed down your face and you ran back to the hotel before Colress could see you crying. He ran after you and yelled, "Wait! [Y/n]! I need to tell you something!" You ran faster, and went back to the hotel room. You locked the door behind you.

You splashed cold water on your face, and sat on the bed until you stopped crying. You changed out of your swimsuit and put normal clothes on. How could things have gone downhill so quickly? Maybe Colress doesn't even want me here with him, but he's too polite to ask me to leave... You thought to yourself. You heard a knock on the door, and opened the door to let Colress in.

"[Y/n]? Is everything alright? You seemed pretty sad about something..." Colress said. "It's nothing," You lied. "Colress, I've been thinking... I'm going to go for a little while so I can focus on my trials more." He had a crestfallen look on his face. "You're leaving?" He asked in a sad voice. "It will only be for a little while. I'll be back soon." But Colress didn't say anything. He just sat in the corner wondering how he would sleep at night without you...

Sorry for the sad ending, but I promise things will get a lot better in Chapter 8 or 9.