Chapter 8: An Unexpected Visitor

It had been over a week since you had seen Colress, and you felt worse than ever. You hadn't been able to sleep in two days. You decided to finish Olivia's Grand Trial, so you would have to deal with anymore trials for a while.

You went to Konikoni City, so you could get your trial over with. You entered Olivia's shop, and sure enough, you saw her there. "Can I complete my trial?" You asked her. "Sure," She said smiling. "But don't think I'll make it easy for you."

You went outside, so you wouldn't make a mess in her shop. Before you battled her, she said, "I have an idea to make things more interesting. How about we both only battle with three Pokémon?" You agreed that that would be a good idea, and Olivia sent out her first Pokémon, a Nosepass.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~You sent out Decidueye, and Olivia's Nosepass used Thunder Wave. Decidueye used Razor Leaf, but Olivia's Pokémon endured the hit, because it had the ability Sturdy. Nosepass used Rock Slide, and Decidueye lost half of her HP. But she used Razor Leaf again, and Nosepass fainted.

Olivia sent out her Lycanroc, which used Crunch on Decidueye. She fainted because it was super effective. You sent out Shelgon, but Olivia's Pokémon used its Z-Move, Continental Crush. Shelgon nearly fainted, but used Hydro Pump which made Lycanroc faint.

Next, Olivia sent out her last Pokémon, Boldore. Shelgon used Hydro Pump again, but Boldore also had the ability Sturdy. Boldore used headbutt, and Shelgon fainted. You sent out Zorua, who used her Z-Move, Breakneck Blitz. It wasn't very effective, but it did a lot of damage. Boldore used Headbutt, but Zorua dodged the attack and used Feint Attack, and Boldore fainted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Whew! That sure was a close battle." Olivia said as she gave you a Rockium Z. You should have been happy that you had finished your trial, but you didn't. You knew what you had to do. You went back to the Tide Song Hotel, and it took you about two hours to walk all the way there.

You walked up to the receptionist and asked, "Is Colress still here?" She searched the records on her computer and said, "He left a few days ago. We didn't have enough rooms for all the trainers on their Island Challenge, so we had to remove him to make some more space."

You felt yourself beginning to cry again. You ran to the nearest PokéCenter, and cried in a corner. He could be literally anywhere in the world ... You thought to yourself. You realized you would never see him again, and that you never even said goodbye.

You went to cry in the bathroom, so people would stop staring at you. You looked in the mirror, and saw that you had dark circles under your eyes. You put cold water on your face like you usually did whenever you cried. It always helped, but not this time.

You went to the café and ordered a Komala Coffee, because you were so tired. You took it the corner with you and rolled up into a ball. People gave you strange looks when they saw you crying again. You turned and faced the other way so no one would see you.

You heard footsteps, which seemed to be getting closer and closer. There was a tall shadow on the ground, of what appeared to be a person. You felt like someone was standing over you, but who was it? You looked up and saw who it was.

It was Colress.