Chapter 11: Mega Salamence

When you got out of bed, you were surprised to see that Colress was still asleep. He usually woke up earlier than you, because you slept in a lot. Sally was still curled in his arms, fast asleep. You gave Salamence and Altaria some Haban Berries, and hoped that Colress wouldn't mind if you fed his Pokémon.

It was pretty boring without Colress, so you decided to do another trial so you could at least be somewhat productive. "Would it be alright if you helped me with my trial right now?" You asked Salamence. He seemed pretty fine with it, so you took him outside with you. He crouched down so you could sit on top of him, and began to fly to Mount Hokulani.

You felt a brisk, refreshing breeze as Salamence aviated through the air. He began to soar higher and higher as you became closer to the mountain. He quickly landed as you reached the top. You returned him to his ball, and entered the trial site, which appeared to be some sort of observatory.

You were greeted by Sophocles and Molayne, who were working on a device to summon the Totem Pokémon. You solved a puzzle, which involved arranging Charjabug to make a circuit. You summoned the Totem Togedemaru. It attacked, and you sent out Zorua who had disguised herself as Salamence. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Zorua attacked first, and used Foul Play. Next, Togedemaru, attacked, and used Discharge. Zorua's illusion faded. Next, Zorua used Breakneck Blitz, which damaged the Totem Pokémon quite a lot. But Togedemaru used Rollout, and Zorua barely endured the hit. She used Pursuit, and the Totem Pokémon fainted.

Zorua became surrounded with a bright light, and evolved into Zoroark. Then, Sophocles gave you an Electrium Z, and Molayne gave you a Steelium Z, which you would later just feed to Necrozma. You hopped on Salamence, and flew back to the hotel.

When you got there, you noticed that Colress was awake now, and he was sitting with Altaria and Sally. He turned to you and said, "Oh! There you are [Y/n]! I was wondering where you went. There's something I wanted to give you."

He placed a mysterious stone in your hand and some sort of bracelet. "These items will allow your Salamence to Mega Evolve." He said. "But be careful, though. Salamence have been known to betray their trainers when they undergo Mega Evolution. Also, I ordered a pizza, but it won't be here for a while." You said to him, "Alright, I'll just complete my next trial until it comes."

Then you went outside, and walked to the next trial site which was apparently only a few minutes away. You realized that it was located at an abandoned supermarket. "Are you sure this is the right place?" You asked your Rotom Dex. "Yep, it should be! Zzzzt!" Rotom said.

Hesitantly, you carefully stepped inside, and saw Acerola, the trial captain. "Here to complete your trial?" She asked. You nodded. "Alright, I'll be waiting for you. Good Luck!" She said, as she ran outside.

You took Rotom out of your bag again and turned on the Pokéfinder. You took pictures of a few Gastly and some Haunter, which attacked you. They were fairly easy to beat though. You noticed a strange room, and walked inside of it. A giant Mimikyu appeared, and you managed to take a blurry picture of it before it attacked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You sent out Necrozma, your strongest Pokémon. He used Psycho Cut, which busted Mimikyu's disguise. Mimikyu used Shadow Claw twice in a row, which was super effective. So you switched Necrozma out and sent out Salamence. He used Hydro Pump, but Mimikyu dodged it. The Totem Pokémon used Dazzling Gleam, and Salamence started to get in trouble. He needed a little extra boost, so you pressed down on the Mega Keystone on your bracelet.

The loyal, gentle creature you had raised since he was a baby, turned into a vicious, bloodthirsty monster, hungry for revenge. He proceeded to slice everything that stood in his path with his razor-sharp wings. You remembered what Colress said about Salamence rebelling against their trainers when they Mega Evolved.

Salamence used Flamethrower on the Totem Mimikyu, which sent a shower of flames in every direction. Mimikyu fainted, but Salamence continued on his rampage. He trashed around, and the abandoned building began to crumble. Another problem began to emerge. Salamence's Flamethrower caused the area to set fire, and the flames were quickly closing in.

You tried to deactivate the Key Stone, but the button was jammed. The only way to return Salamence to normal was for him to put down the Salamencite. You begged him, "Salamence, please! We need to get out now or we're both going to die!" But he didn't listen and just kept on demolishing the building.

You said to him, "Please. I know you're still there somewhere. If we don't escape now, you'll never see Altaria or your baby ever again. Imagine how sad they would be if you were gone. We won't ever see each other again either if we can't make it out."

Something seemed to click in his mind, and he realized that you would die if he didn't help you. The thick smoke was blinding now, but you could faintly see him, crouched down. You climbed onto his back and he sliced through the rubble, using his wings that could cut steel. He flew outside, just before the entire building collapsed.

"I'm so sorry..." You said to Acerola, whose trial site you had just destroyed. "No, it's alright! I'm just glad you're okay. It's not that big of a deal, because it's just an abandoned supermarket anyway. In fact, why don't you take this?" She said, handing you a Ghostium Z.

Salamence put out the remaining flames in a matter of seconds with his powerful Hydro Pump. "Do you think the Pokémon are okay?" You asked Acerola. "Don't worry, I'm sure they're just fine. They're Ghost types anyways, so they can't be hurt by falling objects," She said. Sure enough, you saw a Haunter float through the rubble a few seconds later.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You went back to the hotel to get some pizza. Then you sat down on to watch your favorite show, after a long day of battling. As you began to sink into the couch, Colress walked over and sat next to you with a bowl of popcorn in his hands. You reached over to get some, but Colress did at the same time and your hands touched again. Colress' eyes met yours, and you decided that your show could wait.

You folded your hand around his, and he put his arm on your shoulder. Your eyes exchanged glances, and he moved his face closer to yours. You nestled against him, putting your head on him. You blissfully fell asleep as Colress gently held you in his arms.