Chapter 17: Forgotten Secrets

"Are we almost there yet?" You asked, as Altaria flew to a mysterious location. "Don't worry, it's not that far from here." Colress answered. "It should still be here, or at least I think it should be. It's been three years since I've last been here."

A few minutes later, you landed in a remote area. What appeared to be a giant, floating, pirate ship sat on the icy blue water. "Whoa! What is the place?" You asked as a Team Plasma grunt walked past you. "Also, shouldn't we be more careful?" "Don't worry about it. Just ignore anyone who tries to talk to you. This is the classified P2 Labratory. My old office is in here." Colress said, pointing at the ship. "C'mon, let me show you around."

He pressed some buttons on a keypad, and a door opened up. Colress shuddered when he saw the room ahead. "This place brings back so many memories. But not necessarily good ones."

A little while later, you were standing in a furnished room with large windows in the the front.. The entire place was coated in thick layer of dust. "Are you sure we should be in here?" You said. "It's alright. It looks like nobody's been in here for years. But I'm sure you're very confused right now, so I better explain what this is all about."

"Years ago, a corporation was created by an evil man named Ghetsis." Colress cringed when he said that name. "He believed that people hindered Pokémon's true power, so he separated Pokémon from their trainers. He started a movement where he would steal Pokémon, and perform cruel experiments on them. He called it 'Pokémon liberation'."

I joined Team Plasma, and started out as a mere grunt. I worked hard, and was promoted to the Lead Scientist. I was forced to perform experiments on Pokémon, and have them battle against each other in an attempt to draw out their strengths. But there were some Pokémon I couldn't bring myself to experiment on."

He turned to his Altaria. "I've  been searching for her trainer for years," He explained. "She always refused to fight. So against Ghetsis' orders, I rescued her and took her home with me."

"Two years later, I was promoted to the boss of Team Plasma. I disbanded it, and I thought it was over for good. But it seems as if there are still grunts left, even after all this time."

"I'm so sorry," You said to him. "No one should ever be forced to hurt Pokémon like that." He nodded in agreement.

You looked out at the moon, and saw its reflection on the clear water. The trees swayed in the distance, and the wild Pokémon were starting to go to sleep. Except for the occasional Noctowl or Zubat, everything was quiet.

"Let's go back now, shall we?" Colress asked. "Isn't it time for your first gym battle?" You nodded, and you went back to the gym."