Chapter 18: Eevee

As you returned to Striation City, you noticed something strange. The grass was rustling around, and a small, fox-like creature was running in nervous circles. You looked at the small creature. "Are you lost?" You asked. "Eevee..." The Pokémon said. You gave the scared Eevee a berry, which it slowly ate. "You can stay with me for now, and I'll help find your friends." You told the Pokémon. She seemed a bit doubtful at first, but she was happy to make a new friend.

You tied a ribbon around her ear, and carried her to the gym with you. She looked nervous, but you promised her that she wouldn't have to battle if she didn't want to.

"So what exactly is this place?" You asked Colress, who had been unusually quiet since he went to the Team Plasma base. "Well, it's sort of like a trial, but instead of Totem Pokémon, you have to battle the Gym Leader and a few other trainers. If you win, you get a badge. If you collect all eight badges, you can battle the Unova League." "Wait, there's more than one Pokémon League? How many are there?" You asked. "There's around ten, and almost every region has one." He explained.

After you battled some trainers, it was time to battle the Gym Leader. Since your starter was a grass-type, you would have to battle Chili, who specialized in fire types.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~He sent out his first Pokémon, Lillipup. You sent out Servine, since he was your strongest Pokémon. He used Tackle twice, and then used Toxic. Lillipup used Work Up three times in a row. His attack became extremely high, and he used Bite. Most of Servine's HP depleted, but he used Leaf Tornado, and Lillipup fainted.

Chili sent out Pansear, who used Incinerate. The berry that Servine was holding got destroyed in the flames, and he fainted. You sent out Lillipup and Purrloin, who didn't do that much damage. You wished that you had trained them more, because the were both only level 7. When they both fainted, you had no choice but to accept defeat.

"I knew my Pokémon wouldn't let me down!" He said, as he high-fived Pansear. Eevee had been watching you battle the whole time, and she came running over. It was clear she wanted to fight. "It's alright Eevee. You don't have to battle just because I made some mistakes." But she had a determined look in her eyes, and she didn't want you to lose.

Chili's Pansear took that as a challenge, and attacked. You cringed as he used Fury Swipes on her, and dug his sharp nails into your friend. She used Shadow Ball on him, and he tried to attack back. But Eevee used Protect, so it was useless. She finished him off with Quick Attack.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~"For a second there, I thought I had really won. But it looks like you burned me out..." Chili said. He handed you the Trio Badge, and you thanked him for battling you and walked away.

"So, what did you think?" Colress asked, as he walked over to you. "It was so much fun! I want to battle the next gym!" You said. He stared at the Pokéball in his hands and said, "Alright, but before we go, I wanted to show you something." Colress let Sally out of the ball, and she was running around with excitement. You remembered how energetic Salamence was when he was a baby.

Colress took a piece of Rare Candy from his pocket, and gave it to his Pokémon. She eagerly ate it, and she began to transform. Her tiny arms grew into legs, and she stood on all fours. A heavy, armored shell encased most of her body, so you couldn't see her face anymore.

She started jumping around, because she was so happy. She wasn't used to her new legs, and she tripped and fell. Colress helped her up and fed her berries, but she had trouble eating because her shell got in the way. You let Salamence out and let him see his newly evolved daughter for a while, and traveled to the next gym.

On the way there, you trained your Pokémon a bit more, and caught a Blitzle. You then arrived at Nacrene city. Almost all of the houses and businesses were located in inside of old warehouses that had been refurbished.

You went over the the museum, where the gym was located. A giant Dragonite skeleton sat in the middle of the main floor. You went downstairs to the library, and moved a bookshelf. A hidden passageway was revealed, where the gym leader was.

"Are you ready to battle?" Lenora asked. You nodded. "Then what are we waiting for?" She asked, and sent out Herdier.

You sent out Servine, and she used Mega Drain. Herdier used Bite, but Servine dodged it and used Leaf Tornado. Herdier fainted.

Lenora sent out Watchog, who used Retaliate. Then, Watchog used Hypnosis. She finished Herdier off with Crunch. You sent out Purrloin, and she used Hidden Power (Fighting). Then, she used Assist, and used Hydro Pump. Watchog fainted.

Purrloin began to evolve, and she became increasingly bigger. She was no longer a kitten, but now she was a Liepard. Lenora gave you the Basic Badge, and you exited the gym.

When Eevee saw that Liepard had evolved, she seemed disappointed that she hadn't evolved yet. You played with her to make her feel better, and fed her. Eevee began to evolve, and turned into a Sylveon. She was still wearing the ribbon you had given her. You healed your Pokémon at the Pokémon center and stayed there for a while.