Chapter 5: Melemele Meadow

The next day, when you got up, Colress wasn't there anymore. You couldn't find him anywhere. You eventually found a note on the table written in what appeared to be his handwriting.

Dear [Y/n],

Please meet me outside, if it's not too much trouble.

Sincerely,

Colress

You returned your Pokémon to their balls, in case he wanted to battle again. You left the room, and rode down the elevator.

When you got outside, Colress was standing there waiting for you. "Come with me," He said, in a soft voice. You followed him to a fluffy Pokémon with clouds for wings. "Altariaaaa~ ♪" The Pokémon sang. "Get on," Colress said, still speaking in a gentle voice. He saw the nervous look on your face and asked, "Oh, is this your first time riding a Pokémon? Just hold on to me and you'll be alright."

You hugged him tightly, not wanting to fall off. "Want to see something cool?" He asked. You nodded. Colress whistled, and the Altaria stopped flying and began to plummet to the ground. You thought you were going to crash, but at the last second the Pokémon began to fly again. "Sorry if I scared you..." Colress said. "No, that was actually pretty fun!" You said.

You were both quiet for a while, until you asked, "So, where we going anyways?" Colress said, "I'm going to Melemele meadow to do research, and I thought you wanted to come with me." He said in a sad voice, "If you don't want to come with me, I can just take you back..." "No, it's alright, I'll go with you," You said. "Good," Colress said in a content voice.

When you finally got to Melemele meadow, Colress returned his Altaria to her pokéball. "Hmm... I don't see any Oricorio around, so maybe we should just wait for some to appear," Colress said. You're not really sure how it happened, but somehow you and Colress ended up going for a walk together. Colress began to get tired, and he fell asleep on the ground.

The scent of flowers wafted through the air. Petals moved by the wind gently rained down from the sky. You laid down next to Colress and in a bed of flowers. A blanket of petals covered you, and you fell asleep.

When you woke up, you were surprised to see Colress still sleeping, with his arms wrapped around you. You inched closer to him, but he woke up when he felt you moving. "You're not leaving, are you?" He asked. "Of course not," You said.

He twisted around a crown of flowers, and placed it on you. You wished you could stay with him here forever, but the sun was starting to set. If you didn't leave soon, it would be too dark to get back to the hotel. Colress realized this too, and took out his Altaria again.

On the way back, you said to Colress, "It's too bad you didn't find any of those Oricorio you were looking for." But Oricorio were the last thing on his mind right now. "Today was still fun though. You should come with me to do research again sometime," He said.

When you got to the hotel room, Colress opened the door. You went to bed, and waited until he went to bed next to you. You waited until he was asleep, and played with his hair. He wasn't actually asleep though, he was just pretending to be (but you didn't know that). He usually hated having his hair touched, but he didn't stop you this time. He just waited until you were actually asleep and started hugging you.