Chapter 7: Akala Trials

It had been days since you had last seen Colress. You needed to do something to take your mind off him. You wished you had never left him. You decided you should finish your next trial to distract yourself. You headed over to Brooklet Hill to complete the water-type trial.

When you got there, you saw Lana, the trial captain who was fishing. She looked at you and asked, "Are you alright? You don't look that well." You replied, "I'm fine, I just haven't slept that much lately... But that's not why I'm here. I need to complete my trial." "Alright then! You're going to need this." She said, handing you a fishing rod.

You surfed on her Lapras she let you borrow. You put the fishing rod into some piles of rocks, but all you could find were a few small Wishiwashi, which Dartrix easily defeated. You heard monstrous splashing coming from somewhere. You put the fishing rod into some bubbling water, and fished up a huge Araquanid.

The Totem Pokémon's aura flashed to life, and its stats rose. Dartrix used Razor Leaf, because it's super effective on water types, but it only did normal damage, because it's not very effective on bug types. Dartrix used Pluck, and it was super effective, but the Totem Pokémon used Bug Bite, and it was super effective on Dartrix. Her HP went into the red, but she still used Pluck one last time. Araquanid made her faint, so you sent out Raichu.

Raichu had already evolved twice, so she was much stronger than some of your Pokémon that hadn't evolved at all. She quickly surfed across the water on her tail, and shot electricity out of her cheeks. The Totem Pokémon fainted, and your trial was finished. "Great job!" Lana said, handing you your Waterium Z.

You headed over to the PokéCenter, so your Pokémon could rest. You felt a little bit better than you did earlier, but not much. You didn't feel like doing more trials right now, but they were the only thing you could do to distract yourself from everything that was going on.

You went to the Wela Volcano Park, to complete Kiawe's trial. You had to defeat a bunch of Salandit, and then battle the Totem Marowak. Since it was a fire type, you had Bagon use Hydro Pump on it. It did a lot of damage, but Bagon was had a slight disadvantage because he hadn't evolved yet. Marowak used Flamethrower, but it wasn't very effective.

Bagon used Hydro Pump again, but it missed this time. Marowak used Bonemerang, and it was a critical hit. Bagon nearly fainted, but he pushed himself to endure the attack. He used Hydro Pump one last time, and the Marowak fainted. All of the sudden, Bagon began to glow. He turned into what seemed to be a cocoon made of shields, and he grew two more legs.

"Wow! You're a Shelgon now!" You exclaimed. Shelgon seemed to be extremely happy that he was one step closer to fulfilling his dream of being able to fly. Kiawe congratulated you, and handed you a Firium Z. You gave the Z-Crystal to Arcanine, so he could use Inferno Overdrive.

You healed your Pokémon at the PokéCenter one last time, and headed over to Mallow's trial at the Lush Jungle. You had to defeat a bunch of Fomantis, and then battle the Totem Lurantis. You let Dartrix battle instead of Arcanine, because she really wanted to battle for some reason.

Dartrix used Pluck, which did a ton of damage since it's super effective. Lurantis attacked, and Dartrix was hurt. But she used Pluck again, and landed a critical hit. Lurantis was about to faint, but it called it's ally Pokémon, a Trumbeak. Trumbeak used Peck, and it was super effective. You switched to Arcanine, because Dartrix was in trouble.

Arcanine used his Z-Power, and Trumbeak fainted. Dartrix's pokéball began to move around in your bag. You decided to let her battle again, because she wanted to so badly. You sent her into battle, and she used Pluck again. Lurantis fainted, and Dartrix was surrounded by a familiar glow. She was evolving too! She turned into a Decidueye. Your first Pokémon was an adult now!

"Wow! That was amazing!" Mallow exclaimed as she gave you the grass Z-Crystal. "Thanks." You said. You were proud of your Pokémon for evolving, but you were also exhausted from all the trials you did. But even after all the trials you did, you still missed Colress.

Sorry about the really boring chapter! Don't worry, I'll add Colress back soon!