Chapter 9: Colress' Confession

When Colress saw you crying, he began to comfort you, by whispering things in your ear like, "Shh... Everything is going to be alright. I'm here for you. You're okay."

"Why are you here?" You asked him. "I'll tell you later. But first, you need to get some rest. You look exhausted. You need to come with me." He insisted.  You said to him, "But I'm too tired to walk anywhere..." He told you, "I'll just have to take you on my Altaria."

So you went outside with Colress, and he took out his Pokémon. You held onto Colress, so you wouldn't fall off. His Altaria gracefully danced through the air. The gentle swaying motions of his Pokémon made you tired... You drifted off to sleep on his Altaria, and it was like sleeping on a giant fluffy cloud.

When you eventually woke up, it was morning again. Colress was in the kitchen making coffee. "Are you feeling better?" He asked. "Yeah, but I'm still sort of tired..." You answered. "Here, drink this." He said, handing you a cup of coffee. You took a sip of the warm, fragrant liquid.

"Why were you even at the same Pokémon Center as me anyways?" You questioned. Colress told you, "I went to the beach in Heahea City again. But my Pokémon got hurt, so I just took them the nearest PokéCenter."

You said to him, "Speaking of beaches, what exactly were you going to tell me when we went to the beach together?" Colress answered, "Oh, yeah... About that... [Y/n], do you like me?" You lied, "W-What? Of course not..." Colress smiled and said, "You don't need to hide it. I can tell by the way you look at me. Also, you act differently when I'm around."

Colress saw the mortified expression on your face and quickly added, "But that's alright. I have something I need to tell you too. Ever since I first met you back on Route 2, I haven't been able to stop thinking about you. I like you too, [Y/n]."

Your entire face turned red when he said this to you. All of the sudden, he did something unexpected. He put his arms around you and began to hug you. You looked deep into his beautiful eyes, and he stared into yours. He pulled you even closer to him, until your faces almost touched. He took it a step further and wrapped his hand around yours.

Your perfect moment with Colress was interrupted by Shelgon, who had gotten impatient that he been stuck inside his pokéball for so long. "Now's not the time. Please just wait a little bit longer," You said to him. But he didn't want to wait any longer. He headbutted you softly, but not hard enough to hurt you.

Colress said in amazement, "Your Bagon evolved? That's amazing! You really are a great trainer, and I can see why your Shelgon saw potential in you." Your face began to grow warm. Then Colress said, "How about we go to the Pokémon Center and heal our Pokémon, and then we can have a quick battle? " You answered, "Sure, that sounds great!"

You walked outside of the hotel room and asked, "What is this place?" Colress smiled. "Welcome to Ula'ula Island!" You realized that he'd seen more of Alola than you have, even though you've lived here your whole life. You went to the nearest Pokémon Center, and gave the nurse your  Pokémon.

Colress walked over to the PC and withdrew a Pokémon. He opened up the pokéball and an Alolan Ninetales popped out. Colress said, "[Y/n], there's someone I want you to met. I caught this Pokémon because she reminded me of you, but you can have her now." You stroked the Pokémon's long fur.

"She's so pretty!" You said to Colress. "Just like you," He whispered. "Wait, what was that?" You asked. "I didn't say anything," He said, and his entire face turned crimson red. He was so adorable when he blushed!

You put Rockruff back in the PC, to make room for Ninetales. "Goodbye Rockruff. I'm going to miss you. But I'll take you out again and play with you sometimes." You said, as you returned your friend to the PC. You went over to the nurse again, because your Pokémon were healed. You took them back and walked out of the Pokémon Center with Colress, eager to try battling with your new Ninetails.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Colress sent out his first Pokémon, a Magneton. You sent out Arcanine. Magneton tried to use Thunder Wave, but Arcanine was too fast for Magneton to hit. He used flamethrower, and Magneton lost half of its HP. Magneton used Thunder Wave again, and it hit this time. Arcanine was slowed down because of paralysis, and Magneton used Volt Switch.

Next, Colress sent out Elygem. It used Zen Headbutt, and Arcanine fainted. You sent out Decidueye, who used Spirit Shackle. It was super effective, and Elygem immediately fainted. Colress sent out Rotom, who used Ominous Wind. It was super effective, and Decidueye fell to the ground with a loud thud. But she got up and used Spirit Shackle which was also super effective. Rotom used Ominous Wind, and Decidueye fainted.

You sent out Raichu, who used Thunderbolt on Rotom. Colress' Pokémon fainted, since it was in its water form. Co Relress sent a Metang, which immediately used Pursuit. Raichu went flying, and crashed. She seemed pretty hurt so you switched her out and sent out Zorua. She used Foul Play, and it damaged Metang a lot. So she used it again, and Metang fainted.

Colress returned his Pokémon to its ball, and switched it out for Klink. You sent out Raichu again, and Klink used Signal Beam on her. It was super effective, but she endured the hit. She used Focus Blast and Klink fainted. Colress sent out his injured Magneton, who used Flash Cannon. Raichu fainted. You sent out Ninetales, who used Ice Beam. Colress' Pokémon fainted.

Colress sent out his last Pokémon, a Porygon-Z. It used Return, which did a lot of damage. Ninetales used Blizzard, but it didn't do as much damage as you hoped it would. Porygon-Z used Giga Impact, and Ninetales fainted. You sent out Shelgon, who used Brick Break. It was super effective. Colress' Pokémon couldn't attack because it needed to recharge from using Giga Impact. Shelgon Headbutted the Porygon-Z with all his might, and landed a critical hit.  Porygon-Z fainted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The force of the impact was just enough to stimulate the cells in Shelgon's body. He became enveloped in a blinding light, and began to change. He sprouted wings, and soared through the air, flying for his first time.

"I'm really happy he evolved, but why did he evolve so soon? He just evolved a few days ago too," You said to Colress. He answered, "I think I know why. Apparently, Bagon and Shelgon will repeatedly slam their heads into rocks, trying to evolve. That must explain why there's such under leveled Salamence on Route 3."

(If you don't know what I'm talking about, it says in the Pokédex that Bagon will headbutt rocks over and over again, so they can try and get enough force to evolve. At Route 3, there is a 1% chance a Bagon will appear if you run around in the grass. If it calls for help, there is about a 1 in 1,000 chance of a Shelgon appearing. There is also a one in ten thousand chance that it will call a Salamence for help. The Salamence can be anywhere from level 9 to 12. Yeah, I know, I'm a huge Pokémon nerd... :P )

You walked back to the Pokémon Center with Colress and Salamence so you could rest after that exhausting battle. You returned Salamence to his ball, and gave all of your Pokémon to the nurse. Colress put his Klink back in the PC and took out his Altaria. A little while later, your Pokémon felt better, so you took them back from the nurse.

You went back to the hotel again, and Colress let his Altaria out. You decided to let Salamence out, so they could play with each other. They ran around the hotel room together, and chased each other around. Altaria was quick, and she flew through the air with ease, but Salamence wasn't used to his new wings yet and slammed into the wall.

You watched them play together for a while, and went to bed because you were tired. It was difficult for you to fall asleep with all the noise Salamence and Altaria were making. But eventually, you ended up falling asleep.