Chapter 3: Colress

You woke up, and saw that Bagon was still asleep on your lap. He was so cute when he was asleep! You carried him over to the bed and put him with the rest of your sleeping Pokémon. You went into the bathroom and got dressed.

When you came back out, your Pokémon were awake and running around. You returned each one of them to their pokéballs and went outside. For some reason you had a strange feeling that something important would happen today. You were daydreaming about all the adventures you would have today when you ran into somebody.

You looked up to see who it was, and you realized it was no ordinary stranger. He had the most beautiful golden eyes you had ever seen. You stared deep into his mesmerizing topaz eyes. They gleamed in the bright Alolan sunlight. They were like a portal to another world, something too beautiful to exist on Earth.

"Hello there," He said, in a strangely comforting voice. "My name is Colress, and the theme of my research is bringing out the potential of Pokémon. And what would your name be?" You nervously replied, "I'm [name]." "[Y/n]? What a nice name. I'll be sure to remember it." He continued, "Perhaps you can use this to your advantage." He handed you the TM for Flame Charge, and for one perfect moment your hands touched.

Colress saw something sparkle in your bag. "Hmm? Is that a z-crystal?" You nodded. "Maybe we can have a battle sometime. Please meet me at the Tide Song Hotel on Akala island, if it isn't too much trouble. I'll be seeing you, [y/n]," He said, in a gentle voice.

You watched him as he walked away. How is it possible to have a crush on someone you met less than five minutes ago? Is he really that perfect? These thoughts, and many more, swarmed your mind as you let your Pokémon out of their balls. Your Pokémon hugged you, and you fed all of them Pokébeans.

You decided to train your Pokémon, so they would be ready to battle Colress. Rowlet evolved into a Dartrix, and your first Pokémon was no longer a baby. She was a teenager now, and she looked like she was going through some sort of emo phase. She squawked as you feed her more beans.

You walked home, realizing that you had never even shown your mom your first Pokémon, like you had promised to. On the way back, you caught a Zorua. After you had showed your mom all your Pokémon, you went into your room to brush your new Zorua. She was pretty shy, so she wasn't a big fan of your mom.

Zorua looked over at Bagon and they began playing with each other. Zorua transformed into him and they chased each other around the house. Pikachu and Growlithe were eating some berries you had given them. Rockruff and Dartrix were playing with a ribbon they had found.

As you watched your Pokémon play, there was a knock on the door. You answered it, and Hau walked inside. "[Y/n], where have you been? The professor's been looking all over for you!" "Sorry, I've been kind of busy..." You said, and immediately thought of Colress. "Anyway, why does the professor need me?"

Hau answered, "He's taking me to Akala island on his boat, and he wanted to know if you wanted to come with us." When Hau said Akala Island, you thought of Colress again. Why couldn't you stop thinking about him so much? "So, you want to come, right?" Hau asked. "Of course I'll go!" you said excitedly.

I really hope you enjoyed! I know I enjoyed writing this!