Sanji x Cheated!Reader

As you made your way to class, you let out a long yawn, followed by a sigh. School was already bad, with the boring classes and prolonged lectures, but the people you've come to deem as especially bad. Particularly Roronoa Zoro.

A while back, you'd confessed your feelings, and he accepted and reciprocated them. When it'd happened, the two of you hadn't gone on a date yet, but you were a self-proclaimed couple.

Through your peripheral vision, you saw tufts of green hair. You sighed deeply and sped up your pace, not having practiced the lines you prepared nearly enough times to yourself.

You had to push through the crowd a bit, ignoring the occasional curse or what not. Finally making it to your ethics class, you take a seat in the corner and pray to god he doesn't get to class in time to grab a seat next to you.

Setting out your notebook and stationary, just that'd happened. He sat next to you and gave you an apologetic look, his eyes guilty. You sighed, determined not to let those eyes fool you. Again.

"I'm sorry," he started. The late bell rang. "But let me explain, I kno—"

"Today, as you already know, we'll be holding a class discussion about lying. We will begin in 10 minutes, use the materials given to you throughout the past week to prepare your points.

"I just need you to listen, you don't have to—"

"Individually, that is," the teacher adds. Zoro nods and pretends to sift through the papers and write down points.

He passes you a note as you jog ideas down. You unfold the paper as you glare at Zoro before reading the messy handwriting.

Look, I know I messed up. Really bad. I shouldn't have let her kiss me, but you know how awkward I can be with girls.

Yeah. But you didn't do anything against it, hell you kissed back. Don't pull that with me. You did mess up, take responsibility, you write back, sliding the note back.

You saw his face scrunch up a bit from the corner of your eye.

He passes it back. Give me one more chance, please. I might make a few mistakes again, but nothing that bad.

You shook your head and continued with the assignment. You understood him, and you realised last night, as you lay awake, unable to sleep, that he never really loved you. At first, it was like taking a bullet to the heart.

But what softened the blow was that he cared for you. He didn't want to hurt you, so he accepted your feelings. And as much as he might've thought that was the better option, he should've just been honest.

Even worse of an idea, he tried to get you back.

____

Since that ethics class, you hadn't talked to him, flat out ignored him for a few weeks. You went as far as to block his number and social media accounts and going the long way to classes.

Thankfully, your friends—especially Sanji, who'd invited you over for movie marathons and homemade ice cream—had helped you a lot through your immediate pain, and just a week later, you were up and running again like nothing had happened. And frankly, you were proud of yourself.

It'd been months since then, though, and you were at least on speaking terms with Zoro. There were a few moments of awkwardness at first, but the two of you learned to coexist after the whole ordeal.

"(Y/N)-chan," Sanji greeted. "You look great!"

You smiled at the boy. "Thanks! You too!" He was dressed as Jack Skellington from The Nightmare Before Christmas, which matched your Sally costume, an unplanned coincidence. "I'll see you later, I wanna say 'hi' to Nami," you said, waving and heading further into the house.