Smoker x Reader

Wow, I can't believe I haven't done a OS for Smoker yet, I love the guy. In fact, I started a book for him that you should definitely go check out because self promotion. (jk it only has like 1 chapter shh) Anyway, thanks for requesting @Lillianne_Night, hope you enjoy! I changed a few things, just out of convenience purposes, so I hope it's still alright. Next is a Smoker soulmate one!

_______

When you first saw the bounty posters that were released, you did not expect to see your name there. 'Snow Leopard (Y/N),' it said in big bold letters, and underneath marked you worth 300 million. You nearly choked on your own spit when you saw it, and when the crew you were enslaved to saw it, they were furious. How had a measly slave on their crew managed a higher bounty than the captain? The man called bullshit on it and decided to turn you in for the money.

"Hey! Marines!" the captain called to the ship. They hoisted a white flag up, showing their peace. "We come to turn in Snow Leopard (Y/N)!" He roughly shoved you to the edge of the ship, showing you off.

You were already in shackles---not sea prism stone, so you could surely escape, but as it stands you had no place to escape to---and your wrists burned from the metal scratching at the skin. Your hair was a mess and hadn't been washed for lord knows how long, and your clothes were little more than rags.

A man you recognised as Vice Admiral Smoker, for you'd encountered the man before when the crew fought, gave an odd look. You could tell immediately what was going through his head: But isn't she part of your crew? But he shrugged, clearly dismissing the thought.

Perhaps not, he supposed.

The captain offered a few last beatings, using all his might to beat you with the dull edge of the sword, before transferring you onto the Marine ship. The Vice Admiral eyed you before throwing a bag of 300 million Beli to their ship.

You were ready to be chucked into a cell before being put into Impel Down, never to see the light of day again. But you weren't.

Once the boat had gone out of sight, Smoker broke away your restraints. "Are you alright?"

You swallowed. "I'm fine... Aren't I going to be... chucked in a cell?"

He cocked an eyebrow. "I wouldn't imagine why that'd happen. Explain what happened to you, though."

You nodded slowly. "I was... it... I..." You tried to start, but couldn't find the right words.

"Here, let's go to my office. Take your time, I'm here all day."

He led you there and let you sit. You sat up straight and at the end of the seat, subconsciously avoiding eye contact. It took a few minute to formulate your words, and he was patient as promised.

"A couple years ago, I think, I'd been out since I was travelling to a different island. They got my ship, and they killed most of everyone on the crew. They took me and two of my friends as slaves." You choked back tears, trying to push the emotions away. "I was the only one that..."

Smoker nodded and remained silent for a few moments, gathering his thoughts. "And your devil fruit?" he asked.

"I found it in the back of the food storage, near the bottom of the pile. I looked into it," you said, "I think it's some mythical Zoan, that resembles a snow leopard."

He hummed. "That makes sense of the snow control," he said.

"I don't know what exact animal, though. So... what are you gonna do with me? Am I gonna be a slave here, too?"

Smoker paused. "No. If you'd like," he said carefully, "you could join the Marines."

"I hate the Marines," you said bluntly, without thinking.