Katakuri x Reader

So, there's this 100 prompt challenge that I'll be using when I need inspiration, so I'm using the second one: Treat. The first one was 'Dance' and it actually inspired the book All Our Insecurities, so... Yeah anyway.

This is a little preview of a book I'll start sooner or later. The ending is different from what the book would be, but like the first 95% of it is taken from it.

Also, if you requested and I still haven't gotten to it, please comment here! It's kinda difficult sifting through the comment sections of different things, so it'd help a lot for both of us.

_______

You small figure snuck around buildings and stalls, your breath huffing out in small clouds from the cold weather, eyeing food as you remained hidden. There, you thought, finding a stale loaf of bread that surely wouldn't be missed. And that one, too. You knew it would be a little greedy, but it was your birthday. At least, that's what the note you were left with claimed.

When you found an opportunity, you darted towards the bread, swiftly snatching it for yourself, before weaving through the thick crowd towards the fruits stand. Your small hand took an apple, and you ran into an alley.

You pressed your back against a wall, cold against your back covered just by some ragged clothes, listening to the vague comments.

"Did someone steal something of yours?"

"I don't think so, not that I saw."

"I thought I saw some kid steal something."

A laugh. "Doubt it, what child would steal anything? The kid was probably just running around with some friends, playing tag."

"Ah, youth. So much energy."

You sighed in relief, turning into the alley to find a place to eat. As you did so, you bumped into someone, maybe a head taller than you. You swallowed. "Sorry!" you said quickly, but hushed.

You looked at your full arms, and opted to drop the food to help the boy up. He looked barely older than you, despite his height. He ran his hand through his velvety-fuchsia hair before adjusting his fluffy scarf. "It's fine. Where were you going in such a rush?"

You grabbed your food quickly. "Home," you said, trying to think of more words to say. "Small shopping."

He nodded. "Do you need help?"

You shook your head, wanting to get away as quick as you could.

"Well, it's a dead end in that alley, you know."

You nodded, playing along. "Know just fine. Shortcut."

He rose an eyebrow before shrugging. "Alright." He headed off, walking into the busy, dirt streets. Some fuss arose, but you ignored it.

You climbed to the top of a building, finding it much clearer to run across to get from place to place. You ran across the roofs until a familiar alleyway crossed beneath you. You paused and put your food in one arm, using the other to climb down. You jumped when you were low enough, the dirt and rocks beneath your bare feet barely bothering you at that point.

You looked around before sneaking into an old, abandoned building. You stocked your food in the usual corner, along with the rest for your feast.

You smiled before heading out again, grabbing a bit more food, returning in a good hour or two.

Two loaves of bread, three apples, a (bruised) banana, two small potatoes, and a full cup of clean water. You smiled at the stash, happy with yourself and how much food you had.