Cheater!Marco x Reader

Thanks to SilverDFuyuki for requesting!

Kay so here's a question for my readers who read lotsa oneshots and stuff. So I was reading bunch of cheater!fics and are they not? All? The same? Idk, maybe it's just from the selection I read, but it's always like the same (type of) character but with different names depending on who the character it's supposed to be, then the Reader is either super pissed about it or super sad about it or really wants the character back? Anyway I just followed that little equation so apologies if it's pretty boring lol. Advice would be welcome for Cheater! Fics, or links to ones you really liked. Ty, and enjoy -v-

_______

"For the last time, Marco, fuck off. No."

"(Y/N), just. Agh."

"You have no right to be frustrated, Marco."

"Look, I made a mistake, okay? I get it!"

"Yeah, so own up to it. Take responsibility," you hissed. "And get out of my room."

He took a deep breath. "(Y/N). I know you're angry, rightfully so. Just... What we had, it was real. If that testifies for anything, it's that this shouldn't get in the way of something so right. And... I plan on learning from mistakes."

He opened the door, glanced back at you, and stepped out before gently closing the door behind him.

You sat on your bed with a soft huff. You stared at your folded hands resting on your lap. "It was real."

Was it?

__

You didn't know what to say at first, and you could tell it freaked out Marco. Had you not felt the same? Once you'd gathered your bearings, you stood on your toes and pressed your lips into his, cupping his cheek.

"It's okay, silly. I love you too."

He let out a breath you were pretty sure he was holding for a while. "Thank god."

__

You two were going so well. Where did it go wrong?

You thought you were just being clingy. That it was all just in your head.

It wasn't. You realised something was wrong, you just couldn't figure out what. He had been distancing himself.

How 'real' was he when he fucked her?

__

"I can't do date night, I have ship duty," he said.

You groaned. "Marco, please. I know Pops wouldn't mind, we haven't been spending that much time together."

He brought you in for a stiff hug. "I know, but I have responsibilities as a First Division Commander."

__

It made sense at the time, but now that you thought about it, that was bullshit. Was he really unfaithful for that long? He was distancing himself to get closer with someone else.

How 'real' was he with you while he was cheating?

__

He pulled you close. It was one of the rare times that you had a moment together anymore. You lay in his bed with him, his arms wrapped around your waist as you snuggled into his torso.

"I miss this," you murmured.

He hummed in return, resting pressing a kiss into your forehead. "Me too. I love you."

__

Did he?

Yeah.

Yeah, he did.

And you still loved him. You hid under your covers and thought, going back through every memory over the 2 years.

You hadn't realised you'd been crying until you shifted and felt your wet pillow against your temple, and you hadn't realised it was morning until Ace barged in and announced breakfast.

You groaned. "It's early, shut up." You threw a pillow at the boy, who turned into fire, and burnt the thing to ashes, falling behind him.

He rubbed the back of his neck. "Sorry about that, I'll buy you a new one next time we dock..."

You glared at him. "That's the third one this week, Ace. I don't have any pillows left."

He laughed. "Yeah, you can borrow one of mine."

A hand patted him on the arm. "Alright-yoi. Let's get to breakfast."

Ace shot up. "Right, food!"

He bolted, leaving you alone with Marco. You kept your eyes glued to your sheets, waiting until you heard footsteps. Instead, his voice arrived first.

"(Y/N)... I swear I'll let it be if you tell me you don't love me... But---"

"I do. I do still love you. And I still want us."

He stared at you, almost dumbfounded. "Seriously?"

"Yes, trust me I'm just as shocked as you. But we're starting over again."

A relieved grin spread over his face. "Oh thank God."

You stood and spread your arms out for a hug, which he gratefully took.

"I'm so sorry, I promise you're not gonna regret this."

His hand slipped lower as he moved to kiss your neck. You stepped back and placed a finger over his mouth. "Also, no sex for a month and I'm expecting one hell of a proper apology."

You smiled cheekily up at him, standing on your tip toes to peck his lips before moving his arms from around you and heading off to breakfast.

He let a huff out as he smiled, running a hand through his hair and following behind you.

_______

Hey guys, PSA: remember if a guy/gal cheats on you in real life smack him/her [metaphorically, I do not condone violence] and leave them on a curb thanks and good day