Luffy x Reader

One day, I'm finally gonna ban Luffy from this book... Maybe you notice this but Luffy fics take forever because I reeally hate writing for him so procrastination is the answer. Also, this is short, so sorry for that. Anyway, thanks brokentoypointexe for requesting!

_______

"It's not that... I just dunno how I feel," you said, groaning softly as Zoro lifted weights.

"I get an odd sense of de ja vu," he said.

You hummed, questioning.

He shrugged, setting down the weights to pick up heavier ones. "Nothing. What's confusing, though?"

"Everything. It's like, I really like him, but I dunno."

"So do you or do you not like him?"

"I do! But I dunno!"

He snorted. "You sound ridiculous."

"I know, I know. But I don't wanna make anything awkward by confessing to him, then him rejecting me. You've seen how innocent he is, he might not even know what I'm saying."

"Here's a deal, you tell him, and I won't tell him for you."

"Hey! C'mon, you wouldn't do that to your very bestest friend," you said, pouting slightly.

"I'd do that for her, though. What's the worst that could happen?" You opened your mouth to reply, but he continued before you had a chance to say anything. "Well, it won't."

You grumbled. "Fine, only because I don't want you to ruin it."

"I'd never."

"The marimo lied."

"Just go," he pestered with a playful smirk.

"I am, I am," you assured, climbing down before poking your head up one last time. "When it all goes wrong, I'm blaming you and you owe me 20 million pounds of (Dessert)!"

You heard him scoff with a small chuckle. You shook your head and climbed down and wandered, eventually finding the captain squating and snooping through the fridge.

"Luffy," you greeted, leaning against the counter.

"Oh! (Y/N)!" he said, voice muffled from the huge piece of Sea King in his mouth. He ripped the rest of it off the bone and swallowed before continuing. "Want some?" he offered, shuffling through the fridge to pull out a piece of Sea King.

"Sure," you said, grabbing it from the bone and starting to nibble on it. You mentally debate on whether or not to go through with it, but you realise that if you don't, you're probably gonna be stuck staying quiet for a lot longer.

You open your mouth to speak, but Luffy spoke up first. "I love you," he said casually, ripping through meat.

You blinked. "Er... Could you repeat that?"

He stood and finished his piece of meat before tossing the bone. He grabbed your wrist and put your hand against his chest. The harsh, quick beats fit in the palm of your hand. You glanced up at him.

"I love you. My heart gets real fast like this, and I really, really, really like you!" he announced. "Zoro said that's love. Do you love me too?"

You cracked a small smile before grinning widely. "Aw, I love you too," you confirmed. He put his hand on your chest before smiling.

"Yes!" he shouted, laughing and pulling you into a tight hug. "I did it!" You wrapped you arms around him and giggled.

Zoro slipped in some time during that and grabbed a beer from the fridge. "Did what?" he asked, taking a few gulps from the bottle. "Say a few words?"

He loosened his grip slightly. "Huh? No! I found my pirate queen!"

You flushed, your lips unable to curve from a wide grin.

Zoro walked out with another three beers in hand. "Aw, what a cute couple," Zoro said in a playful, condescending tone. 'You owe me,' he mouthed with his cocky smirk he always flashed.

You rolled your eyes and shooed him away with your hand. You looked up to find him scowling at the laughing swordsman, and you pulled him closer.

"Hm? Right! Let's go do couple things!"

"'Couple things'?" you asked, cocking an eyebrow.

"Yeah, Zoro said we're a couple. Let's go do couple things!" he said, releasing you and dragging you by the wrist. "What are couple things?" he asked, immediately after getting out of the kitchen.

You giggled. "I guess... Anything that we love, but together."

He hummed, thinking, and you swore he turned red thinking so hard. "Oh! That's easy," he said, dragging you straight back into the kitchen. "Let's eat!"

_______

Whatdya mean that's not what dates are---