2 - congratualtions, you have a daugther

april 2012

S.H.I.E.L.D.

It was a normal Friday when agent Coulson entered the building and headed towards his office. He found a stack of files on his desk that weren't there when he left the day before. A sticky note on it said it to be urgent

After he set his stuff down and sat down behind his desk, he started on the files, finishing with the reports. He started doing some research into it and around lunch he talked the case over with some of his colleagues. He found out about what the man had done. They had to get that little girl away from him before he harmed her badly, or maybe even worse.

There already were agents working on tracking the girl and Fiers. They worked on it for the rest of the day, but all searches came up empty. At around 4:30 PM Coulson and the other agents agreed that it would be best to get Tony Stark himself involved. And so he called him up explaining they could use his help. He emailed him the files with all the reports. After a few minutes he got a call back from him saying he was on his way there.

————————————————————

At around five o'clock Tony Stark came rushing into Shields building. Agent Coulson was already waiting for him to arrive. They went up to his office and Coulson showed Tony everything they had on the case.

"Can I see the hospital results?" Tony asked after Coulson had brought him up to speed. After getting the files and reading them through a few times Tony realized he actually had a daughter. He felt a pang of guilt go trough him. He has had a daughter for over 7 years and never knew. There is no way he could have known, he knew that, but the feeling still stayed with him.

Tony ordered Jarvis to search for her as well. At around 11.15 pm they were one of the only ones left still working on the case and so they decided to give up for that day and continue the next. That's when Jarvis spoke up trough Tony's earpiece.

"Sir, I have a video coming in regarding miss Stark. Would you like me to play it on the screen?"

"Sure J put it up there."

And so the video started playing. All they saw was an empty room.

"How did you get it up there?" Coulson asked.

"JARVIS did." He responded proudly.

"Did he just hack into SHIELD to play this video there?"

"Hmhm"

Coulson was about to ask something again when something started moving in the video. There was hardly any light, but they could make out a dark figure dragging another person in to the shot.

A light turned on and the small damp space in the video filled with light. They could see Fiers holding the girl up by her hair.

The little girl had red eyes from crying so much and bruises covered her tiny, fragile body. She was very skinny and looked to be underfed and dehydrated. Tony nearly gasped at the sight and had to close his eyes for a quick second. How could someone do something like that?

The man, Fiers, spoke up after a couple of seconds.

"Hello Tony Stark." He spat. "Congratulations, you have a daughter. And I got her right here. You don't seem to care for her that much though, I mean, look at her." He shook the fragile little girl harshly, making her gasp in pain. Karl Fiers had an evil smirk on his face and Tony had already thought of six different ways to wipe it off. "You might get her back. You'll find out what it costs soon enough, I would hurry up though. I don't think your little girl likes it a lot here." He punched the little girl hard onto her right ear. She harshly fell to the ground, hitting the other side of her face onto the damp cement ground. "Turn it off" the man ordered some guy behind the camera. He then turned to the little girl and a hard foot moved towards her ribs. The video cut of right before it connected and the two men were left staring at a black screen.

Tony hated that man so much. How could you do something like that to a little girl?!

His little girl.

There wasn't much they could do though. They ordered JARVIS to look for the location from where the video had come from. But that was going to take a while, so they went home and would continue at Stark tower the next morning. Him having better resources there.

————————————————————

That Saturday Coulson arrived at Stark tower at 8:00 am. Tony was already waiting to welcome him.

"Morning" He said while leading Coulson to the floor they would be working on. "Coffee?"

"Yeah thank you. Anything from JARVIS?"

"No. He has been on it all night but it came up mostly empty."

"Mostly?"

Tony sighed, nodding his head.
"I now know I have the same blood type as my daughter. And Jarvis found a few pictures of her."

Coulson said nothing. He looked at the man with pity. He could be able to guess it, but he never knew for sure the billionaire hadn't slept all night.

He couldn't close his eyes without seeing his daughter being hurt by that man. He couldn't help but feel guilty about it. Somewhere around midnight JARVIS had told him he found some pictures of her taken while she was at the hospital. Some of the broken bones, others of her, skinny and underfed, looking into the camera with a sad, distrustful look. And one of her where she was pretty much healed. Her big dark blue, almost green eyes looked up at the camera. Her almost white, thin hair curls up messily around her face.

That's the one he now had stuffed in his back pocket.

Later that day some more SHIELD agents had come to the building, helping with the search. Somewhere around 3 or 4 pm Tony hadn't been able to handle it anymore and went out for a walk.

He had only just left the tower when a small black van speeded past him. The windows where tinted and the plates appeared to have been ripped off. Probably stolen, Tony thought to himself.

He turned the corner when said van past him again, this time stopping right next to him. The doors swung open and five men with large guns came out, pointing them at Tony. Before he had time to take in what was happening, he was being grabbed from behind and got thrown into the back of the van. He hit his head pretty hard and someone put a hood over his head. His hands got tied together causing him to shift and slide uncomfortably trough the van. After about 15 minutes the van stopped and he got pulled out. He got dragged in to some building somewhere and the hood was pulled off. Tony struggled but the men where much stronger then he was alone.

He got tossed into a small cell and the bars slid close. He heard shouts and struggles down the hallways followed by a scream and a door slamming shut.