24. We save a life

So in this chapter I really wanted to include a deleted scene from the movie. I saw it and I just really wanted to do something with it. So here we are. I changed the original storyline up a little to fit my ideas better. Hope you like this one! Enjoy!!

Dad went into this bar thing a minute ago. We have to wait outside. But that's very boring so we just play in the street starting with hide and seek.

Maddie and I hide first and Harley tries to find us. But some old man got mad because we may have ran into him when we tried to find a good spot. When Harley finds us it's Maddie's turn to go look. They say I shouldn't go seeking cause I've never been here. I guess it makes sense.
Maddie starts to count and Harley and I run away.

"Come on. I know a spot." Harley says. He grabs my hand and we run behind a big tree. We sit very still, and she doesn't see us. It's very funny and we have to try really hard to not laugh.

All of a sudden we hear loud noises from the bar dad's in. We can see people fighting and I think there's a fire. I want to go help dad, but Harley pulls me back behind the tree.

"Nova wait. We have to wait."

"No! We can't do nothing Harley!"

I try to go to dad again but Harley keeps pulling me back. He's holding me against him while he keeps saying I'll get hurt or something will happen. I try to get away but Hayley's pretty strong so I can't.

Then all of a sudden we hear a window shatter. I stop kicking around and Harley loosens his grip too. We carefully peek around the tree and try to see what's happening.

"Nova get back." Harley whispers while pushing me pack behind the tree. I try to see what's going on without giving away my hiding spot, but I don't see anything. Just a lot of chaos.

He quickly crouches down and gathers some snow before stepping past the tree and throwing it at someone. He looks in our direction, and Harley quickly jumps back behind the tree while I dive back as well. It seemed like a good idea, but we kinda bumped our heads together.

I rub over the place while Harley quickly gets up. He runs a little away, and comes back a second later, pulling Maddie along. She sits down next to me while looking around her a little lost.

"I'm sorry Nova." Harley says when he sits back down with us. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah I'm fine." I nod while I continue rubbing the place on my forehead.

"Here" he says, helping me put some snow against it. "That'll make it stay normal. I one's hit my head and I didn't cool it down. This huge egg grew onto it."

I giggle slightly at the idea of an egg growing on someone's face. Maddie looks at me funny, but after a second she gets it too, and starts laughing as well.

We stay behind the tree for some more before the fire starts to explode and we go a bit further away. We are near this fence that surrounds the water tank thing. I don't really know what it's called but Harley says it a water tank for the town.

We wait there to and try to see what's going on by the bar, but then we hear the sound of the squat things again. E.J. And the other bully guy show up again.

"Oh look! Harley got himself some girls!" E.J. Laughs as he points from me to Maddie.

"Go away guys. It's not funny!" Harley yells back.

They just laugh at him again, and after making some bad jokes they finally start to drive their thingies around the fencing.

Harley sighs while I try to see where they're going. They stop after a few meters, and I see dad standing there as well. He's trying to say something to them, but I can't hear it.