33. We do get to help

I hang up the phone and look over at Fury.

"What are you doing?" I ask after he puts down his phone.

"We are going to Sokovia." He responds.

"We. He said we." I hear Cooper mumbling behind me. "Does that include me?"

Fury looks over at him and waits for a second. "Your dad wouldn't like that." He stays silent for a second. "But it's your decision..."

He walks away, leaving us standing there. I look over at Cooper. "What do you want?"

He stays quiet for a while. He looks up at me. "What would you want."

"To help." I answer without hesitation. He nods and looks at me for a second.

"It's dangerous..." he states.

"Well what isn't?" Harley mumbles from besides me. Cooper smiles and I giggle a little and look over at him. He has this sort of mischievous smirk on his face making me laugh even more.

"If you want to come you better do it now cause I'm not waiting." Fury yells from the other room while opening the front door.

I quickly look at Harley, about to ask if he's coming. But he's already nodding his head. I look back to Cooper, who's looking down.

"You don't have to come Cooper. But if you do want to you have to do it now. Fury really won't wait. It's up to you." I smile a little. He looks up and waits a second before giving a tight nod.

"Let's go safe some Sokovian... people.... Sokovians?"

I laugh a little while he's still trying to figure out what it is. "Come on!" I yell over the noise of the jet waiting outside. He quickly grabs a jacket that was slung over a chair and runs out after us. Harley grabs my hand and pulls me along. We run into the jet, where Rhodey is waiting for us. I quickly run up to him and jump in his arms.

"Hey kiddo! How are you?" He smiles excited while shaking me up and down. I burst out laughing, so he puts me down before I can fall. "I'm fine." I laugh. "That's Cooper." I say while pointing at him. "And Harley. I told you about him right?" I smile while sort of bumping him on the shoulder. Rhodey smiles and nods a little before helping us in our seats. The jet takes off really fast and we shoot through the sky.

Cooper seems a little scared but I am actually getting used to it. I guess Harley's to excited to be scared. After a minute or two this big shadow casts over the jet. Harley and I simultaneously turn around to look outside.

"Whoa.." I sigh. "It seems even huger from here. More huge... is huger a word?" I ask turning to Harley really fast.

"Sure..." he mumbles while staring outside. "Wait, Nova, you were on this thing?" He asks.

"Yes she was." Fury says from the other side of the jet. "And so will you in few seconds so hold on to your butts."

"If Steve was here he would've said something about that. It's a bad word." I smile. Fury looks over to me with a not all to happy face. I quickly try to look serious again, but apparently fail, causing the boys to start laughing, which then again makes me laugh. I see Rhodey look over at Fury with a little bit of an annoyed expression, while Fury just sighs and stares in front of him.

The jet bumps a little and stops very suddenly. Unlike Fury and Rhodey, we were totally not prepared and pretty much hit our heads on the back of the hard metal seats.

"Alright listen up. We have these escape pods that will fly to the city. They'll land on the sides of the city. There will be people there to help evacuate. You are to stay on the pods. If you see someone that needs help, you yell for someone to do something about it. Do not leave the pods. Is that clear to you guys?" Fury asks, looking us over. We all nod clearly but he doesn't continue yet.

"Sir yes sir!" I exclaim while slamming my arms next to my body and standing up straight. Fury sighs before speaking up again.

"Stay on the pods. You can help the people that are brought in. If they are seriously injured, help them to a doctor. Listen to them. If they say there's someone out there, you ask someone to go look for them. Don't leave the damn pods. Got it?" He asks.

"As cap would say... language." I say, jutting my chin up and smiling brightly.

"Get outta here." Fury sighs, pointing to the door. I quickly skip out and run over to where the pods are, the other two boys following me. While I get out I hear Fury say something about Starks. Don't think it's a nice thing, but well.

We make our way over to the pods, where we can look outside. The helicarier starts to decrease speed and the city comes into view.

"The city is flying." I say surprised, even though I knew it was.

"Well... Yeah." Harley says.

They actually gave some people here some old SHIELD shirts. Along with some others that got Stark industries stuff to show we are actually there to help, and are not one of the citizens. We once again drown in ours. They really have to get smaller ones. That actually shouldn't. We're probably the only ones our size that will ever get on this thing. So it kind of makes sense. Kind of.

Harley, Cooper and I are guided to one of the pods. Harley steps up on the thing and actually holds out his hand to help me in. I laugh out a little before taking it. "Thank you kind sir." I smile while giving a slight nod.

"You are very welcome, my lady." Harley smiles back. He turns back to Cooper and looks at him before hesitantly sticking out his hand again. Cooper starts laughing a little and takes a step back.

"No thanks." He laughs. He steps back forwards and waits a second before taking another step back. "I think I'd actually rather just stay on here." He says looking down a little.

"Oh yeah that's fine." I smile. "They have a lot of people by the edge of the city already so the first pods will be back in a minute or so. It'll be good to actually have someone help with that."

He nods back before a lady tells us we're leaving. We step further into the pods and wave at Cooper before we fly off.

I'm very sorry for this extremely short chapter. I promise the next one will be longer. But thank you anyways for reading this! It's ridiculous how many people are reading this story! You're all awesome!

So this book is actually coming to an end. I really loved writing Nova and seeing her evolve from where she started! I actually have started the writing the second part of it. It's called the winter children and is up on my account right now. It starts out really different from this one but in like three or four chapters Nova will be back. Along with Tony and the rest of the gang, getting into civil war! I'm so excited! But anyways, we're starting off with some new characters and I can't wait to see where they're gonna go. Anyways.. I'm rambling.

Thanks again for reading this. It means so much to me! If you liked this one maybe leave a vote or maybe even a follow?? And please do check out the new book up on my account right now! Thanks thanks thanks! <3