17. I make a friend

It's been a week since the battle of New York. That's what everyone's calling it now. Nothing much has happened since then. I spend a lot of time with Pepper, Tony and Bruce.

Pepper is really sweet. She would walk me around the tower or play with me with the dolls or lego's they bought. And she cooks the best meals! She's just the best.

Tony has been down in his workshop more often. He didn't really want me there at first, he told me to only come in for emergencies. But I didn't really understand when something was an emergency.

Yesterday Pepper and I had been baking cookies. The oven bleeped so I opened it up. Pepper had tried to get the tray out but only ended up burning her fingers. When I saw she was hurt I ran down to dad's workplace immediately.

"Dad! Pepper is hurt!" I yelled. He quickly dropped everything and came with me. I was just trying to help, and that was a good thing, they said. But they also thought it was very funny. Dad's workshop had made an impression on me though.

————————————————————

Today is a good day. I slept well for the first time since New York tonight and we had pancakes for breakfast! It's sunny outside and dad said he would take me up to the roof later today. Right now he is in his workshop, finishing something up while Pepper is out shopping for some clothes for me. They don't want me to go outside yet because of everything that still is in new York. We are going to Tony's house in Malibu soon. So then I can go outside and I'm very excited.

It is taking dad a little long to come back, so forgetting the rule about emergencies, I get in the elevator and go to his workshop. But he isn't there when I get there.

"Jarvis?"

"Miss Stark?"

"Do you know where dad is?"

Asking the AL stuff I don't know is a trick I learned pretty early on. Because of the towers size it's often hard to find things. So having Jarvis is great.

It takes him a second to respond, but when he does he says,

"Mister Stark appears to be in the lab with doctor Banner."

"Thank you Jarvis!"

"You are very welcome, Miss Stark."

I like Jarvis. He's very cool.

"Hey Jarvis? You can just call me Nova. I like that better. Miss Stark sounds old and serious."

"I shall do so from now on. Is there anything else I can help you with?"

I look at how many numbers left until I'm at the right floor. Still quite a few.

"No I don't think so, thanks."

"It was a pleasure helping you."

I giggle a little at the AI's reaction. It's just so cool to think about it that dad made him.

"Can we be friends Jarvis?"

"Of course. I would love to be your friend, Nova."

I giggle a little and wait for the elevator to get to the level of the lab. A little later the doors open and I make my way to the lab. I look trough the windows to see dad and Bruce. I can't see what they are doing though. They are both bending over a something I can't see. I open the door and walk in.

"Hey Squirt." Dad greats me happily. I quickly run over to him.

"Hi! Hey Bruce! What are you doing?"