16. We win, kinda

Hey!! I just found out that I made like, a huge mistake. In one of my early drafts Nova was a bit younger. And in the first chapters it still said her younger age. But she's born in 2005 and is now 7 years old. It's changed in the rest of the story now. I'm so sorry. I totally freaked out. But she's 7 now. Hope you enjoy this chapter!!

I look up at the big hole in the sky. A few more of the flying turtles come out while other alien guys fly around on their thingies or they're hanging off of buildings. And than there's other scary stuff like dead people all around me, and Loki's somewhere too.

Steve starts shouting commands. He tells everyone what to do and where to go. I guess he knows how to handle those kind of things. He is the captain. So...

Clint and dad fly up to the top of a building. Thor flies off as well and the Hulk climbs onto buildings, taking his order to smash pretty literally.

A little later dad flies back down and lands next to me. He crouches down and his helmet opens up, showing his face.

"Alright. I'll drop you off at the tower. Go inside but stay at the lower levels. Like ground floor level. Just get inside and try to stay away from doors and window. Can you do that?"

I give a firm nod and as dad wraps his arms around me, I wrap mine tightly around him, and than he takes off. He stays very close to the ground, because the bad people are mostly flying high. He does blast one or two while we go. We get to the tower in no time. He puts me down in front of it and lifts the mask again.

"You good?" 

I quickly reply, "I'm alright, dad. Just be careful!"

"Sure kid"

The mask closes and he flies up, starting to shoot at everyone of the aliens. I look for a few more seconds before one of them dropped down right next to me. Some gross slimy stuff is coming out of him and I make a run for it.

I get into the tower. I run past the main desk and into another big space. I haven't really been to any part of the tower except the lounge area, my room and the elevator. I walk around for a little until I find an office. It's small and only has one window. I go inside and have a view over a lot of the fight that is happening in that moment. I see the portal getting hit with lightning that I later follow back to Thor, who is hanging of the top of a very tall building.

The aliens are falling down all over the place, but it still doesn't look very good. There is debris all over the city. Beams and glass and bricks and a lot of other stuff. Even if they win, how much do we loose? So much will need repairing and so many people are hurt or worse. I really hope they get Loki. I want to hit him. Not that it would be effective but I still want to. I want the hulk to hit him. Multiple times.

It's practically raining glass outside and I'm actually quite happy to be in here. I try to focus on something else, so after looking around the office for a whole fifteen seconds I found a pen and some post-it notes. So I climbed onto the chair and started drawing some stuff.

First the flower field from the hospital. That seems like months ago. Then the Ironman suit. Then one with Stark tower and another of all the so called Avengers. They're pretty much stick figures but you can figure out who's who.

I don't know how much time has passed when I hear dad over the earpiece I still have in.

"Nova you good?"

"Yeah I'm fine. Just kinda bored."

"Where are you?" He sounds like he's out of breath and I can hear something explode close to him.