14. I end up in an alien battle

I quickly make my way back to the place I last saw Steve. He is already waiting there for me when I get there. He is wearing his Captain America... costume? No, outfit... suit! That's it. We go over to the place where agents Barton and Romanoff are. The door slides open and we step inside.

"It's time to go." Steve tells agent Romanoff.

"Go where?" She asks.

"I'll tell you on the way. Can you fly one of those jets?"

That's when agent Barton walks in, saying, "I can."

"You got a suit?" Steve asks him.

"Yeah"

"Then suit up."

I don't have a suit. I have a very big shirt, peppers old shorts and socks. Hmm... could be slightly troublesome. But it's just for the quick flight to the tower anyways, so I guess I shouldn't worry so much.

We are walking around the ship, and I'm properly introduced to Agent Barton.

"So you're a Stark then?" Agent Barton asks me. I nod in response while he helps me up one of the platforms we're walking over.

"You're gonna be fine kid." He says when he sees my worried expression. "We'll be buddies, alright. Buddies protect each other."

I look up at him. He gives me a reassuring nod and I smile back at him. "Thank you, Agent Barton."

"Just call me Clint. All my friends do."

Agent Romanoff turns around, winks at him, and turns back again, smiling.

I look between the two of them a little confused. I step a little closer to Clint and whisper, "is she your, ehm, girlfriend?"

"What, Nat?" He laughs a little. "No, that's just an, eh, inside joke."

"Nat. Is that a nickname?"

He nods, smiling down at me.

I run a few steps to catch up with her and Steve.

"Ehm, Agent Romanoff? Can I call you Nat too? Like Clint does?"

"Of course." She smiles while grabbing my hand to help me up the ramp of the jet. This guy tries to stop us but Steve tells him off. We enter the jet and it's up in the air in no time.

I'm looking at the passing city outside while trying to shove my messy hair behind my ears for the seventh time in a minute or so. Nat seems to notice as she gets out of her seat and helps me put it in a small ponytail. She goes back to the front of the jet to sit with Clint while I sit in the back with Steve.

I'm still wearing Tony's way to big T-shirt, so after a little search mission, Steve got me in the smallest SHIELD shirt we could find. It was still way to big, but better then what I had before. At least I couldn't trip over this one. Probably. It's unlikely. But certainly not impossible.

We haven't been in the jet for long when they start talking to Tony trough the earpiece. When Steve sees me looking confused he grabs me one from somewhere and helps me put it in.

I hear Nat tell dad we're on his three, and dad asks if we stopped for drive-trough. I guess that's a joke, cause that makes no sense. We're in the air.

I hear dad's voice saying, "swing'm up park. I'm going to lay them out for you."

The jet starts to turn in another direction.

"Stark! Nova's still on board!" Steve shouts over the sound off the jet, holding his finger to his ear while looking outside.

It's quiet for a second before he says, "alright, just be careful. She on comms?"