28. How we get to peace

I've been helping dad and Bruce with this thing they call Ultron. I have some of my own things now and I can sort of help with making some stuff. I don't really understand yet what's supposed to happen with it but I guess it's a little like Jarvis.

Now that they found Loki's scepter, they think they can figure out a way to get Ultron to work.

They're also about to have some sort of small party something, so I've been helping out a little with that as well. But it got boring so now I'm on my way back to see dad and Bruce.

I just sit down a little further away so I can watch them work. I don't pay that much attention to what they're doing though. Then all of a sudden dad clicks some buttons and Jarvis pops up. I quickly hop off my chair and come over to see what they're doing.

"He runs more of the business then anyone besides Pepper" dad tells Bruce. I quickly go to stand next to him while Bruce just simply replies with: "oh."

"Top of the line." I continue like I heard dad say so many times before.

"Yes." They both answer. dad softly pets my head, making me giggle a little before Jarvis replies.

"I suspect not for long."

Dad clicks something with his little remote thing and says: "meet the competition."

Something starts to pop up next to Jarvis. It looks a bit like Jarvis, but blue and bigger, and less electronic I guess.

"It's beautiful." Bruce says full of admiration while staring at the thing and walking around it a bit.

"If you had to guess, what's it look like it's doing?" Dad asks.

"Like it's thinking." Bruce answers right away.

"I mean, this could be....It's not a human mind."

Dad hums in agreement before Bruce continues, "I mean look at this. They're like neurons firing."

I walk a little closer to see better. I can see all the little parts moving around on their own. Like they all have a mind but they work together all the same.

"Down in Struckers lab, I saw some fairly advanced robotics work. They deep-sixed the data, but... I gotta guess he was knocking on a very particular door."

I think about it for a second. I think he might be talking about artificial intelligence. And right when I realize it, uncle Bruce says it out loud.

Dad steps a bit closer to him. "This could be it, Bruce. The key to creating Ultron."

Bruce chuckles softly, asking: "I thought Ultron was a fantasy."

"Yesterday it was," dad states. "If we can harness that power, apply it to my iron legion protocol,"

"That's a man-sized if" Bruce says, walking a step away. I quickly follow them while dad continues, "Our job is if."

"What if you were sipping margaritas on a sun drenched beach, turning brown instead of green. Not looking over your shoulder for Veronica."

"Don't hate. I helped design Veronica."

"Oh me to!" I tune in happily, but dad has to ruin it, saying: "No smalls, you helped building Veronica. There's a difference."

I grunt a little while dad continues: "but it's a worst case measure, right? How about best case."

Bruce quickly looks up at dad, who just continues on, "what if the world was safe?"

We walk past the big windows in the lab and I can see some people downstairs already preparing for the party in a few days. I see Maria downstairs looking up at me. I wave happily and she does the same, before continuing what she was doing. I quickly run after dad and uncle Bruce to catch up to them. Dad's talking about aliens getting past the bouncer. Whatever he may mean with that.