32. The right thing to do

The jet is set in a field near the building. Dad and the others went inside. I can hear them over the radio. Uncle Bruce is still with us. He's there just in case they need the Hulks help with this. I hear dad talking to Ultron. So they found him. I feel myself tense up a bit when I realize he's right there with him. I follow what's going on while glancing over at Bruce every three seconds or so. He just waits quite calmly and listens to what's being said and done.

Dad asks him what the Vibranium is for. Ultron doesn't really answer him though. And before I know what's happening I hear crashing and fighting noises. I gasp a little before trying to even my breath again.

"They're fine Nova. Just breath, okay?" Uncle Bruce walks over to me and places a hand on my shoulder. I look up at him and nod slightly. The fighting noises continue for a little bit. I hear gunshots and grunting. It sounds quite bad, and I look over to Bruce, who is standing by the door.

"Guys? Is this a code green?"

But all we hear is static sounds mixed through the fighting. I think they can't hear us.

After a while I can hear Clint over the coms. He's asking for the rest, but they're not responding. Bruce steps closer to the door, when suddenly there's a red glow coming at him. I quickly push Harley and Maddie to the back room. I look around to see uncle Bruce turn into the hulk. But he's really really angry. It's really bad. He steps out of the jet, and growls really loud. I quickly click my repulsers around my hands and turns them up to number three. It's the last one before lethal.

The hulk growls again before running off towards the city. I run over to the control panel to get this thing in the air while yelling at the rest about what's happening. I hear dad's voice cracking and static. I can't hear what he says.

Then I hear Clint. "Nova..... careful.......maxim...... their minds!"

That's all I can make off it. I press my finger to my ear but it's to static. I press some buttons to close the door, but when I look over I see the red glow again. It's opening the door back up. I quickly run over to it to see a lady standing there. The red is coming from her hands. Then something blue shoots towards us. But it stops next to her, and it's a man. He just appeared! I quickly aim my hands at them.

"She's just a kid" I hear the man mumble in a thick accent. I quickly look at Maddie and Harley and whisper, "close it." They take the hint and close the door of the little back room. The man and woman didn't notice it. I let out a quick breath before I speak up.

"Please just go away. There's nothing here. I won't do anything if you leave." I try to sound as convincing as I can, but I can feel my voice tremble.

The man puts a hand on the woman's wrist. "Come on." He says. I let out a breath, and she seems to agree with him. I lower my hands slowly while she does the same. The man turns around and tries to get her to do so as well. But she holds her ground.

"She'll warn the others. Get help maybe. We can't leave her here." She looks over to the man.

"Wanda you can not be serious. The kid?" He walks a step back to her. She just nods, and I slowly try to raise my hands again. The man is about to speak up when she lifts her hand and shoots the red stuff at me. I quickly shoot back, but I don't know if I hit her. I fall backwards and everything goes blurry for a second, before I can see again.

Everything is dark and gray. I sit up, confused. What happened? How did I get here? I try to get up and walk around for a little, but the room I'm in is really tiny. "Dad?" I ask. Nothing. It's just silence. I run my fingers over the wall, when realization hits me. Right that moment there's a really bright light. I close my eyes and put a hand up to my face. I see a figure walk in, and as my eyes adjust to the light, I can see who it is. I try to walk backwards. Into the corner. I trip and fall backwards as the man comes closer and closer. Finally he's right there, hanging over me. Karl Fiers.
"No. Leave me alone. No. No!" I yell as I kick around so he can't get me. He just laughs as he crouches in front of me.
"Don't be ridiculous 001. I told you a thousand times. Stark doesn't give a damn thing about you." I shake my head violently while he just motions for me to follow. Before I know what's happening I'm up on my feet and walking behind him. He takes me to all the places. I can't even stop walking. I see the table they put me on, and the water tank with all the wires. There's the doctors and the science lab. I feel my mouth go dry and my eyes get wet.
"You are the only one that worked. Those other kids, they aren't nearly up there with you. It's a shame you ran away. You could have been amazing. You were so close to being what we made you for. And I am so glad you're back."
I feel all the color drain from my face. I'm back. My heart is beating so hard against my chest it hurts. My breath picks up and I feel nauseous.
"No. I'm not." I say. I try to be fierce, but it's just shaky and barely audible.
"What did I tell you! Not this again. This incoherent mumbling! Get back in there!" He yells, pointing at the metal table.