2: Encountered

Upon the escort's call, blue eyes hit my black ones. He's absolutely prettier than in photos, and I didn't even think that was possible. Also, he's absolutely massive, like holy shit. He's easily the tallest giant I've ever seen, towering over me still while sitting and with me on a table.

He shifts his eyes from the escort to me, and his face softens, forming a smile. "Thank you, Jerry." His voice is deeper than the Pacific, I swear I felt vibrations from it. It's interesting how he sings alto when he's clearly a baritone, but I've heard in interviews it's because it's what the fans want. Jerry stands where he is still, not moving his hands from behind his back: "Jerry. You're good to go," Kevin tells the escort impatiently, to which Jerry salutes and walks away.

Kevin lays his down hand, palm up, looking from me to the palm to me again. "Go ahead," he says. I step on and he raises me up. There are two other giants there already, the other two ticket winners, I presume. "And what might your name be?" he asks as soon as he raises me to near-eye level. 

"Avery," I answer, trying to be loud but ending up being quiet.

"Ava, that's a nice name." I don't correct him. I will legally change my name to Ava for him. Okay, no I won't, but if I were forced to and you said it's in the request of Kevin Cunningham, consider it done. 

We talk for a good 45 minutes about Kevin's music, crazy fan experiences and his old YouTube videos. The last topic is the only time I talk the entire time, when I say "I physically felt you cringe through your hand, is it that bad?" It makes everyone laugh, so it's worth the minimal talking otherwise. Not that they'd hear me, I'm a lone human surrounded by giants.

"I don't need to be violated through my own muscle movement, down you go," the artist jokes, setting me on the table still. I cross my arms and pout-smile. He does the same in a mocking way, curling up his lips even harder. What a dork.

Unfortunately, our conversation has to come to an end and the two giants walk off, and I'm about to turn away when I hear Kevin say "Stop right there." I listen. He said it in a pretty demanding tone...

"Why didn't you talk a lot?" he asks me, leaning in decently close.

"I-uh- it's a mix of reasons. I mean, I'm not used to being the only human in a group of giants, and you're just... I absolutely love your music, and I've been wanting to meet you for years. I got caught up in being in your presence and all that."

"Wow, am I that exciting?" He backs up and puts his elbows on the table and head in his hands, growing a wide smile, and I flush red at both the movement and his question.

"I mean, yeah." I go quiet, but he still hears me. "Also your hands are really big."

"What?" He goes pale a bit. Not much, but it's noticeable. That's a weird comment to get nervous over.

"I mean, I go to a mixed school so lots of giants take me places but I usually get just the room I need. It's like going from a twin bed to a king," I explain, and he laughs. "But for real, how tall are you?"

He still looks a little shocked, but he doesn't seem as tense anymore. "I fuckin' hate that question but I'll answer still, 103 feet." He looks smug about the question.

OVER A HUNDRED. YOU WON THIS HOLE. If he were a human, that'd be like what, 6'6? Oh my god, he'd basically be a giant even from a human standpoint.

"Do you want a selfie? The others got one." His smile remains as he changes the subject.

"I only have my phone, and I'm too small to get us both in view, and you'll probably have a hard time holding it," I object, pulling it out.

"Nonsense, lemme see it." he holds out his index finger and I set my phone on it promptly. "I learned the art of human things a couple years back, and now I get to put that training to action." I giggle at him as he looks at me, smiling back. However, this grin drops suddenly, and I watch as he stuffs my phone in his pants pocket.

Before I can process the movement, I feel a fist around me, and a tight one. Suddenly, my world goes to black.