16: Connected

averywilliams on Snapchat: (selfie) Send the police to my location, giants especially. Use snap maps. I'm here with Missy Washington, Jason Kowalski and Riley Jones.

averywilliams to andrew_clayton: check my story and boost it

andrew_clayton to averywilliams: stay safe, I'm happy you're okay

POV: Avery Williams

"What are you doing?" Riley asks as I type.

"Saving our asses," I don't look up from the screen and Kevin walks in.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?" My ears don't even hurt from the volume, I'm happier than ever.

"Just my phone. The police are on their way. Have fun trying to get in, I made up a random password by smashing the keyboard. Not like your fingers could tap individually, anyway." I throw the phone and it slides to the end of the cage, dropping off the edge and Kevin catches it, pocketing it.

"They'll never find out about you." He grabs the cage and unhooks it, carrying it in his arm like a ball and grabbing something else I can't see.

We're carried to the kitchen, and set on the table. He plucks out Missy first, tying twine around her head so it's in her mouth and she can't speak, then around her hands behind her back and her ankles. The same happens to Jason, struggling just as much as Missy. Then Riley. I'm last.

"It's really a shame that I have to do this," he says calmly as I try hard to break free. "Especially to someone as small and cute as you. In fact, I should give you special treatment for everything you've done." He breaks my right arm on the word special, and I scream in agony through the twine. He finally hurt someone on purpose. "Really, thank you for this." My left arm. He finally grabs my glasses off me, snapping them easily. It's over for me.

He picks us all up at once and admires us for a second. What's taking the police so long? "My precious humans. How small, how powerless, how frightened. It's so adorable. And to think, you all obsessed over me at some point, too! Do you still?" He smiles the way he did at the beginning. I don't correlate it with happiness anymore.

"Oh well, it doesn't matter, anyway." We go back to his room and he lifts up a floorboard. How long has that been a thing? The cage goes in, and we're blinded in darkness. The footsteps are louder than ever before.