3: Pocketed

There's fabric surrounding me, it's all I can feel. I'm in a pocket. A shirt pocket. Obviously I scream, since I'm being kidnapped by a giant that I don't know. Well, I do know him... but I don't. Of course I don't! I didn't expect him to kidnap me.

"Stay quiet," I hear a deep, muffled voice from above. Kevin sounds strangely calm and casual about keeping a writhing human in his pocket. The pocket muffles noise as well as oxygen. I can barely breathe in the plaid fabric cushioning, but I can somewhat hear Kevin talking with unknown voices.

"I love you Kevin!" "Can we talk?" "I was a VIP winner!" (no you weren't?) and voices like that. I can hear human voices too, but humans are naturally quieter so I can't make out what they were saying.

"I have to go," an impatient sounding Kevin tells the crowd, "but I had a really fun time!" I hear a car door click close, muffling the sounds to the point where I can't make them out.

The ride is silent but I struggle to get out of the pocket, and I can tell Kevin notices, since he pushes me back in with his index finger and puts his hand against the seal, opening and closing every 30 seconds or so to let me breathe. Or to taunt me, I'm not really sure.

This ride is going on for a long while. I can only imagine how far away we're going. Probably just back to his home as this was the last tour date, but why would I need to go there? 

Finally, the ride ends and Kevin steps out. "Thanks for bringing me home, keep in touch," I hear from above. I hear the car roll out and a home door opening and closing. Finally, I resurface as Kevin grabs me out in a tight fist. "Now I have someone for this year." We make eye contact, and he looks scarily happy about me.

"What's that supposed to mean? What the hell are you doing?" My thoughts are frantic. "I care so much about you..."

"So do these guys," he walks into a bedroom containing a hanging gold bird cage with three battered up humans in it. My mind flashes back to the three missing people from concerts, and I realize the kidnapper wasn't a crazy fan, but a crazy artist.

"What is all of this for?" I ask, holding back tears in fear.

"Well," Kevin begins, sitting on his bed. "I need a souvenir from here every year for concerts I suppose, and I don't have any pets, so what's cooler than a human for a pet?" He breathes in as if he's going to say more, but after a pause, he just exhales. Weird.

"A human who doesn't live in a cage," I retort to his question, trapping in my fear. He squeezes his fist even tighter, pushing the air out of me and releasing my fear again in the process. He immediately releases though.

"Think twice before saying stupid shit." He throws me in the cage (quite literally, and it hurts like a bitch) and leaves the room.

I get up, trying to balance from the now swaying cage and the three humans look at me. A pale-faced redhead with green eyes. "Riley?" they nod. A blonde-haired boy with a blue sweatshirt. "Jason..." he looks to the floor. This leaves a black girl with a gap tooth and blonde, naturally coily hair. "Missy." she smiles but it looks empty. Oh boy, how am I gonna explain myself?