10: Kevin

POV: Kevin Cunningham

I love humans. They're honestly so fascinating. I didn't know they were real until I was about ten years old, and never got to see any in person until I was about 16. I grew up in a giant-only area, went to a giant-only school and was pretty much with giants only from there.

Seeing these tiny giants was amazing enough, but getting to talk to them is even stranger. It's like talking to an animal but a giant at the same time, which is basically what it is. It's just amazing how there's a species just like ours, but so much smaller. The best thing to do with humans, however, is scare the shit out of them.

Power is something we all want, I assume. It's hard to get someone at the same level as you to do what you want. But something as small and insignificant as a human? I mean, all I have to do is get one to admire me, then simply put it in my pocket, teach it how I expect them to work, and if it doesn't comply, make it so it learns to. It's so much easier to scare a human into doing what I want than a giant, but that's just common sense.

I mean, what sounds more threatening to you? Getting mugged by someone a few inches taller than you at most, or being crushed, stepped on, eaten by or thrown around by a hundred foot giant? All I have to do is put a human on the ground, stand up to my full height and look at it like I'm angry and it quivers in fear. Oh, how easy they are to control. And how petrified I make them.

I wasn't always like this, strange as it seems. I never wanted to scare humans when I was younger. I was scared shitless of making them feel uncomfortable at all. I guess something kinda snapped in me one day, not for any particular reason... and I just stopped caring the way I did before.

Which leads to the new one. I'm not worried in the slightest about this one, she basically walked home with me, and is already scared. It's nice to know that I'm getting more and more people to listen to the status quo.

What do I plan to do with the humans when I've reached my limit? First of all, I'm not sure if I'll have a limit, and even if I did, I just like having them for pets. I like knowing I can be around humans, that's literally the extent of it. Admiring them, having them beg for mercy to me, it's all paradise. My only problem is that I can only get one a year.

The most surefire way to not get caught with a human is being with one in public for the shortest amount of time possible. How am I expected to keep a human quiet and obedient for more than a half an hour? Plane rides and road trips just won't do it for them.

So, I essentially stalk them. I go for the simplest kind of human to take. "I'm 18 and now I can finally go see my idol in concert!" Their first concert, and they're the perfect age. Not old enough to wise up and find a way out, but old enough to listen. Then, I make it so no matter what, they get a VIP ticket to meet me, and it all goes from there.

I know, it's not nice to treat humans the way I do, but what can they do about it? Fight me? Threaten me? The new one even talked about how big my hand alone was compared to her. If I wanted to, I could easily crush her, and she knows that.

But that's another problem. I don't want to kill them. I refuse to hurt a human in a way that will cause permanent damage. The only human who's ever gotten hurt badly was the first one (what was her name again?) when she broke her arm. I wasn't going to take care of that, she tried to leave when I made it clear she was not allowed to.

...

Sorry, daydreaming I guess.

But at the same time, that first one has learned since then, the second one has never really been a trouble, and I think the third one is finally giving up on pissing me off. The crowd has finally blended.

After all, who in their right mind would continue to frustrate an angry giant?