14: Questioned

POV: Kevin Cunningham

2012

It's done.

Stay for long, but leave too soon. / Carry the lyrics and ride the tune. / Can't escape the hate inside. / Trust the words but never the ride.

Hold me tight, and don't relax. / Tell me all of my awful acts. / I hear you out, but the lights grow stronger, / I know I won't be here for much longer.

I fade away, there's none left to say. / You're making me. / You're taking me. / You're shaking me. / You're breaking me.

A small mistake is all it takes. / Now you're awake, we both feel the break. / An undertake you can't escape. / You're making me. / You're taking me. / You're shaking me. / You're breaking me.

I fade away. There's none left to say.

My album is done. All the songs are finally finished. Now to get it published.

2014

Fucking. Finally. That took way too long. Appurtenance is finally out for sale, and I've already got a decent following for being "that kid from YouTube a while back". Hopefully, it all sells.

I feel... lonely. I refuse to think too hard about the situation in '08, even if it has kinda taken over my thoughts. Fuck, I just need someone with me. I miss being around humans. Fuck it, this concert won't be exclusive. Anyone can come.

Maybe... I could even get a human to be mine. Yes, that's perfect. I'll treat them kindly so they don't have to be scared, then they'll love me. They won't want to leave.

But how do I go about that?

Well, let's see. A good age for a human is... 18. 18 wasn't a good age for me. I was stupid, but I also knew better than to test myself. I'm sure any 18 year old would feel the same. They're old enough to know what's right, but not old enough to know what to do in a situation like... being kidnapped or... murdering someone.

 My eyes flash to the floorboard. I repaired it.

Okay, let's do this.

2015

KevinCunningham on Twitter: is anyone going to the tour on their birthday? If so, how old are you going to be?

Replies came instantly.

missywashington on Twitter, in reply to KevinCunningham: I'm going!! I'll be 18!!

Perfect. I looked through her tweets, and she's stated that she's a human.  I decide to reply, "meet me backstage after the show!! :)" and an instant reply follows: "OMG SCREENSHOT". Well, time to delete that tweet then.

-

I'm overwhelmed. There are like 20 people here. This just won't do. Thankfully, only three of them are humans. One of which, being Missy.

"Okay guys, thanks for the talk, we're gonna wrap it up. I'm sure we all wanna go home and shower, yknow?" I lean down to the humans and whisper, "you guys can stay a little longer, we didn't even really get to talk."

The giants head off, and I look at the two other humans, then Missy. She smiles. What an elegant little human. Oh well, here goes nothing. I grab her suddenly before she can process what's happening and or her in my shirt pocket. I then face the other humans, eyes wide with fear.

"Leave now and tell no one about this, or you'll end up where she's going." Venom laces my voice. Their tiny eyes shift to my stomach. Not what I was intending, but sure. That's scary too.

"We won't," one of them croaks, and they skitter off the table and down the ladder. Just what I wanted.

-

"Here we are!! How do you like it?" I take her out of my pocket and don't feel any flinching. No, no no no. Is she...?

I can see her stomach rising and falling. She's alive. I pick a spot for a hook, and grab an old birdcage I got a few years back. I set the unconscious human back in my pocket, and grab my tools.