17: Searched

POV: Kevin Cunningham

Perfect. Amazing. They got access to the outside world. Lucky as I am, I prepared backup, and it's easy to control them. Now that they can't talk and they're covered, I just have to convince the police that I'm not holding anyone captive. Speaking of which, here they are.

A short giantess officer greets me as I open the door. "Mr. Cunningham, it's come to our attention that there's an accusation of you holding four humans hostage in your home. May I step in?" she asks, doing so before my consent and pulling out a notebook.

"I haven't been, sorry for any confusion," I lie. "I'm a musician, and sometimes people go overboard to get attention from me." She gives me a deadpan look, and returns to writing. "Sorry if that sounded narcissistic."

"No problem... do you know any humans by the name of Missy Washington, Jason Kowalski, Riley Jones or Avery Williams?" She taps the end of the pen on the paper.

"I don't believe so..." Always be polite.

"Well, records here show August twenty-first of each year from 2015 to now, one of these people have gone missing at one of your conerts locally, and were all VIP guests to meet you. Do you think there's a correlation between these?"

"It sounds like a correlation, but I promise I have nothing to do with it." I'm becoming impatient, I sense. Despite this, I have to keep my cool and not blow my cover.

"May I search the house for possible places they could be? Since you're our main suspect, we want to check you out first, then move on to other possible suspects." Once again, without my consent, she begins ripping apart things.

"Can I get some backup? Human and giant, we need all places searched and covered," she speaks into her "phone". Of course, more people searching. I stand awkwardly and try to hide my stress.

POV: Avery Williams

I'm shaking. They're never going to find us, are they? I can't see, it's pitch black and I have no glasses. I can't speak or move significantly, I'm tied up. There's no hope.

I back up and move over to Missy, my back against hers. I begin working at her knot, though I can't see it.

"Whah awe you dooigh?" She whispers through the thick rope in her mouth.

"Gehhigh you hree," I reply, feeling around for tied points. I feel a place I could pull out and do so, getting closer to freeing her.

"Hut thuh huck ump!" Riley whispers aggresively.

"Why?" I barely make out with the rope. "Whee need coo ee hound."

"Not uhtil the uhleesh show ump-" they're cut off as I finally get Missy free. She unties her mouth knot, then mine,  then my arms, and we get our legs, finally going to get Jason and Riley. Just on time, too. I hear footsteps, and they're too light to come from Kevin.

Loooking up, we can only assume they're human police officers. But besides that, someone walks towards us weakly, whispering, "Oh no, what has he done?"