5: Missy

POV: Missy Washington

I'm happy there's a new person joining us, but saddened at the same time. Jason, Riley and I are really close friends, yeah, but with the only change in a group so small happening once a year, it gets... tedious.

I was the only one for a whole year. Kevin Cunningham was my first concert I ever went to at the age of 18, and I loved it. He was a lesser-known artist at the time, so meeting him didn't require VIP passes or anything special. I was one of only three humans, and there were about 15 giants. After talking with him, he ordered the three humans to stay, and grabbed me, shoving me in his shirt pocket. I remember the whole experience, and still feel bad for the other two humans there.

"Leave now and tell no one about this," Kevin threatened. "Or you'll end up where she's going." This message was so vague, so confusing at the time that I'm 99% sure all of our minds turned him eating me. I never knew if they replied. If they did, they did so really quietly, and I can't blame them.

He treated me like a doll during the encounter, to put it simply. He talked down to me as if I were less than him as a human, and shoved me in his pocket in the same fashion a 4-year-old puts a Polly Pocket away. I blacked out from fear, and wound up where I stand today. It's been 3 years now, and I've hated every second of it.

At first, Kevin was nice to me, surprisingly. He let me out almost always, he showed me new songs he was working on, and I felt more like a guest than a prisoner. However, one day he snapped, and I still don't know what caused it, but he started treating me the way he did when he stole me.

I don't want to say I'm a victim of abuse, since the only time I've had hospital-worthy damage, it was my doing. However, I've been thrown in this cage the way Avery was more times than I can count, and I've scraped myself from it. I've been threatened with being eaten, I've been flicked down with his fingers, I've been deprived of air by being put in a waterbottle where the water was up to my nose. It could've been much worse, he could've filled the bottle or put it up right above my head. I can't swim.

That's the thing about Kevin's "punishments". He doesn't hurt you enough to cause lasting damage, or even hurt you at all sometimes. He just psychologically pushes you to your breaking limit. I don't even remember what it's like to be truly free and happy, I'm so used to being a pet to my master.

I try to keep my secrets to myself, but it doesn't work out. I'd love to say that Jason and Riley don't know about what I've been through, but they do. I want to keep it from Avery, but I don't see it working out.

The scariest punishment is easily the waterbottle or being dangled over Kevin's mouth. Those two are the ones that could actually kill me. Imagine this: you're thrown in a blue-tinted tube and the water levels are rising, and there's no where to swim. You can't even swim in the first place, and this could all be stopped immediately but the person doing it won't, he sits back and laughs.

Imagine this as well: you're over a hundred feet in the air, and the only way is down. If you're dropped, intentionally or not, you'll be physically devoured by one of your kind, just much larger. I hate to agree with Riley's stupid jokes, but he's got a weird thing for provoking that kinda fear.

However, Kevin would never kill a person. He's too much of a pussy to do that (pardon my swearing). He thinks he's tough and cool because he's a giant, but he knows he's only got that advantage to a human. If he were the size of a normal human, it'd be the end for him. I'd take that over wondering when it'll be the end for me.