Chapter 1

(Whaaaaaaaat?? Over 1k reads??)

Izuku Midoriya. Fourteen, in his last year of junior high, was walking down the street to his school. A large brick building known as Aldera junior high, not exactly the most high and prestigious school there was. Even with the bullying rate and how the students lost every sports day, Midoriya seemed to enjoy it there. He always paid the most attention to lessons on quirks and heroes, his favourite topic as he aspired to be a certified hero in the quirk world he lived in. Alas, others said that was never to be. Our protagonist Izuku was quirkless.
The rather short, green-haired male picked up his pace as he ran to his school, hearing the bell go off before he reached the gates. As quickly as he could, Midoriya raced through the halls to reach first period. Nearly there... nearly-
"Deku!"
Shit.
Midoriya felt a hand latch onto his shoulder, heating up and making steam billow upwards. He bit back a scream and turned around to face the tall blonde figure of Katsuki Bakugou.
Kacchan.
"I didn't think you'd be this late now, you'll never be a hero if you're late on the job like this." The taller taunted, putting both his hands on Midoriya's shoulders until the green-haired male let out a squeak of pain. Bakugou merely snorted. "Not like you'll even come close to being a hero. Quirkless wanna-be. Why don't you choose a career more within your skills... a garbageman will do perfectly!"
Bakugou scorned, laughing and finally letting the other go, who quickly rubbed his shoulders and blew at the steam. Midoriya was supposed to hate Bakugou, as the other plainly did, but just couldn't.
It was cliché and he knew it, how the bully victim is secretly in love with the bully, but he couldn't help it. The schoolboy crush had started in nursery and had just progressed from there as the two had grown up together, side by side. Midoriya had cherished every second of it.
They even had childish nicknames for eachother, Katsuki was Kacchan and Izuku was Deku. 'Deku' had always wondered why Bakugou had kept the nickname, but had never dared ask.
"Kacchan, please let me get to first period!" Midoriya pleaded quietly, though half-expected the response he was given.
"Ha, no! I'm late too, idiot, I need an excuse of why I'm not there. Give me a late slip." Bakugou pushed Midoriya into the male's bathroom, holding him against the wall roughly as the shorter quickly fumbled with a note. This was one of the reasons Bakugou kept bugging Midoriya, so that he could have late slips, hall passes, prescriptions and medical notes to skip school. Being quirkless and weak, Midoriya had always agreed so he wouldn't get hurt so much.
Once the note was written, Bakugou took it from Midoriya and smirked, "Thanks nerd. Not as useless as usual." He snickered before turning and walking to lesson. Midoriya quickly followed behind as Bakogou read over their note.
'To Izuku and Katsuki's teacher,
I'm sorry the boys are late to first lesson. They had been held up along the way but everything is fine now.
-Inko Midoriya.'
Bakugou was going to protest at how Midoriya had included himself when the blonde thought of the cleverness of it. Bakugou's mother wouldn't write him a note and his teacher knew all too well the note would be fake if it were just him. But, Izuku Midoriya being there too would make it more believable as he attended every lesson on time. He shook his head as they finally reached first period.
Midoriya handed in the note before quickly rushing to his seat and sitting down at it, keeping his gaze down.
"Midoriya? Why are your shoulders steaming?" The teacher asked, jolting the messy-haired boy from his thoughts. Bakugou tensed up in his seat, glaring at Midoriya warningly. If the teacher found out, Bakugou would be screwed.
"I-It is? Oh! I, um, never noticed!" Midoriya laughed nervously, patting his shoulders and trying to ignore the searing pain. He smiled at his teacher, who just rolled their eyes and went on with the lesson that had been interrupted.
Though Midoriya tried to concentrate, Bakugou's gaze burned through his skull, making his mind go blank.