Chapter 11

School the next day was a drag. Midoriya and Bakugou were all over the news because of what had happened and how All Might had shown up. All their classmates were asking what had happened, even though they'd gotten it from the news, and if they were OK. Naturally, Midoriya was fine with only a few scratches while Bakugou had a horrible cough and cuts all over him. Everytime Midoriya would look over at him, the shorter boy would blush at the memory of the thank you Bakugou had given him. Bakugou would notice and smirk at him, creating a 'V' with his fingers and sticking them around his tongue to tease him. This made Midoriya blush and instantly look away.
This carried on until the end of the day, by then Midoriya was a flustered mess as he'd started to walk home. He had a smile on his face up until...
"Hey! Gay freak!"
The voice was mocking behind him, making him stop in his tracks. A group of Bakugou's friends, including a frowning Bakugou, walked over to him. Midoriya was trembling a little, his eyes wide. Had... Bakugou told them? He shot an accusing glance at Bakugou, feeling numb when the other only looked away in what? Shame? Guilt? Midoriya didn't know. He honestly didn't care.
He started backing up, trying to get away from the bullies who just laughed and followed him, throwing more criticising insults at him.

Bakugou couldn't look at Midoriya after he'd been so happy moments before. When talking to his friends about everything with the sludge villain, Bakugou had been pretty open about Midoriya attempting to save him. Obviously though, he didn't include the fact that he had kissed Midoriya. He accidentally slipped that Midoriya was gay and instantly regretted it, trying to backtrack. Before he knew it, his friends were laughing and throwing homophobic insults at Midoriya, who had tripped and was just curled up on the floor. He stood to the side, pretending to laugh at Midoriya while inwardly cursing. He wanted to beat up his friends for being so horrible, but he knew he'd just get called a hipocrite. If you can't beat them, join them.

Midoriya cried into his knees as his classmates yelled at him, using their quirks against him. He felt a blast sent straight at him and was flung back, his hair becoming even messier. Ahead of him, Bakugou had his arm outstretched at him. He'd fired one of his explosions at Midoriya. "OK, losers. The nerd looks beat up enough." He growled to his friends, who just shrugged. The one who had called out to Midoriya and called him a 'gay freak' kicked the smaller boy and turned, laughing as he led the others away.
Bakugou didn't go with them.
He waited until they were out of sight before turning to Midoriya and holding out his hand to help the other stand. Midoriya flinched when Bakugou came close and curled up in a little ball, crying quietly.
"W-Why... Kacchan?" His voice was quiet and broken, "Why did you tell them? You know how people are in this school... I... I thought I could trust you to keep it to yourself."
Bakugou didn't reply. He pulled Midoriya up and stared him in the eyes. "You thought wrong. I told you that I don't owe you anything, so I don't owe it to you to keep that a secret." He didn't want to say it, but he did. Immediately after speaking, he regretted it but didn't let it show.
Midoriya's eyes shone with new tears as he backed away from Bakugou, pure betrayel and sadness clouding his gaze.
"I guess it really was all a lie.." He murmured. Bakugou finally snapped back to the reality of what was happening and tried to reach out to Midoriya, but he was too late. The short green-haired boy had already turned and ran, tears streaming down his cheeks.