Chapter 40

"DETROIT SMASH!"
Midoriya yelled, lunging at Todoroki and punching him in the stomach. Hard. He was sent flying back by the power of One For All, hitting the wall and growing as he stood back up. The ice flew across the ground, freezing Midoriya in place. He squirmed and hissed, but couldn't move his arm even if he wanted to. He hadn't concentrated when he'd used his quirk, so his arm was broken.
He screeched in pain, dropping his head in defeat. He heard a small chuckle from the bi-polar boy.
"Awh, can little Deku not get himself free? What a shame~"
''Little Deku'? This isn't like him... at all...' Midoriya thought suspiciously, pulling back from him as much as possible. Todoroki placed a hand on the ice, watching with his sane blank expression and glassy eyes as steam rose and the ice melted. Midoriya dropped to the ground, chattering and ribbing his shoulder to try and get himself warm again.
"Cold? Need some warming up?" The other asked, fore sparking up on hos arm. Without warning, he shot the flames straight at Midoriya. This made him scream in pain, writhing round to try and get the fire off. No use, he felt like he was melting the heat was so unbearable.
"Too warm now? Here, I'll cool you down." The flames ceased, giving Midoriya exactly two seconds of composure and breathing time before ice cocooned him again. His entire body stung, the sudden intensely cold temperatures straight after being set on fire nearly made him pass out again.
The agonising torture lasted for a while longer. Freezing, heating. Freezing, heating. Repeating that process until Midoriya couldn't even stand up anymore. He was crouched down, shuddering from cold and sweating from heat at the same time. The cold, dark room echoed his quiet pleas to be freed, each one Todoroki ignored completely.
There as blood dropping from somewhere under Izuku's hair and down his lip, he had a blackening eye and a cut on his shoulder. He felt like hell. He wanted it to be over. It was like living a nightmare, a nightmare he couldn't-
"OI! CANADIAN FLAG!" Both Todoroki and Midoriya's head whipped up at the angry yell. It was coming from one of the foundation roof planks (not sure what they're called) and Todoroki had to squint before making out the figure. OK, he didn't actually figure it out that easily. The person dropped from the scaffolding, sparks and crannies filling the dense air as he landed squarely on the red-and-white boy. Midoriya could almost cry as he saw him.
Him was none other than Katsuki Bakugou.

He. Hurt. Deku.
That's when Bakugou lost it and couldn't wait any longer. He had been sitting in the foundation for a few minutes, sweating forcefully to make his quirk extra powerful. How he'd got in? He'd snuck through a window, naturally.
Anyway, Bakugou hadn't realised the full extent of Midoroya's injuries, or else he'd have snapped a lot sooner. When he had though, thank God he then had enough energy stored. He'd dropped onto Todoroki with a terrifying shriek, sending him to the ground with a grunt of pain. Too soon for comfort though, both boys were back on their feet, Katsuki in front of Izuku protectively and Todoroki standing in a fighting stance. Bakugou merely smirked, the same determined glare in his blood red eyes.
"Remember when I told you I'd kill you if you laid a finger on him?" He raised his eyebrow, his quirk causing mini explosions from the palm of his hand, glaring at Todoroki.
"You. Struck. Out."