Chapter 14

They were in their for quite a while, Bakugou using his phone to look up ways to help Midoriya. He ended up just reluctantly hugging Midoriya and tell him everything would be OK. Surprisingly, it had worked and Midoriya had calmed down a little, though his breathing was still uneven.
"Th-Thanks Kacchan.." Midoriya murmured, holding his throat and rubbing it gently. Bakugou merely shrugged, looking out the window absent-mindedly.
"Yeah, no problem loser." The taller was reading something and Midoriya tilted his head, wobbling to his feet and looking over Bakugou's shoulder. It was the note. Bakugou saw his expression change and activated his quirk, blowing up the note in his hand. "That's what I think of their stupid insults." He growled.
Midoriya stared as the little pieces of paper fluttered down.
"Kacchan..." Midoriya stared up at him, eyes wide. "You really are a hero."
Bakugou looked away, a light blush on his cheeks. "Whatever, nerd. Just get yourself back together." He grumbled, secretly enjoying the little compliment. Midoriya had said it so many times before, but now it felt special. It felt real. Bakugou draped one arm around Midoriya's shoulder, smiling as the other didn't flinch as much, "Tell me if it happens again and I'll beat their sorry asses!"
Midoriya blushed lightly, nodding with a small smile. He wiped his tears and moved closer to Bakugou, giving him a little hug of appreciation. He was surprised when the ash blonde hugged him back protectively.
He wasn't complaining though.
When they had returned to lesson, Bakugou was glaring at each of his friends warningly. His gaze said one thing pretty clearly 'Mess with Deku again and you won't be able to feel your face for weeks.' And that shut up their mocking snickers.
The teacher asked Midoriya if he was OK and the student nodded, smiling softly and writing something down. Once the teacher had his back turned, Midoriya slipped the little note over to Bakugou.

Bakugou smiled as he read the little note, looking over at Midoriya who was staring at the board, trying to catch up

Bakugou smiled as he read the little note, looking over at Midoriya who was staring at the board, trying to catch up. He turned the note over and raised an eyebrow at what it said.

He couldn't think of anything really, apart from more prescription notes and late passes

He couldn't think of anything really, apart from more prescription notes and late passes. He thought about it for the entirety of the day until lunchtime. Bakugou's eyes narrowed angrily as he saw his 'friends' follow Midoriya out the lunch hall. He felt his hands heating up as he silently followed them, staying hidden behind walls. Midoriya had gone outside and sat underneath a tree, doodling and writing in a notebook he had leaned against his knees. It was a warm day, which was perfect as Bakugou was sweating. He hid as he saw the group walk over to Midoriya, who was oblivious and mumbling to himself. Bakugou gritted his teeth as he heard Midoriya's squeak of surprise, then a thump noise as something hit the grass. Bakugou peeked around the corner and only saw red. Midoriya was curled up, clutching his eye and whimpering quietly. Something was different though, something that held Bakugou back from pouncing just yet. Midoriya rose to his feet, glaring at the bullies with one eye closed.
"J-Just you wait! One day, I'll be the one giving black eyes to jerks like you! I can be a hero, you'll see!" This shocked Bakugou, as he'd never heard Midoriya stand up for himself like that. The bullies just laughed and kneed Midoriya in the stomach, making him groan softly in pain and hold his stomach.
That set Bakugou off and he came running round the corner, his quirk fully ready. He took aim and fired, hitting the centre of the group and sending them sprawling back. He'd managed to get to Midoriya in time and block him from the blast, now standing in between him and those who had hurt him. Bakugou glared at them, his hand sparking.
"Back the fuck off. You've done enough. No one bullies Deku but me." He snarled, making the bullies back off a little out of fear. "You come anywhere near him again and I'll send you to Italy in an explosive fiery ball of death. Now fuck off." At his last words, they all scrambled away, looking over their shoulders as they ran. Bakugou's angry figure made them run faster.
When they were gone, Bakugou turned and crouched in front of Midoriya, who was curled up and covering his eye again. "Hey, it's me." He gently pulled Midoriya's hand down and held his cheek, staring at a now badly bruised eye. "They did a real number on you, I'm sorry I didn't step in sooner. I heard what you said though and I'm really fucking impressed." Bakugou pulled him into a little hug, unsure of what else to do.
"You did really well, honest. Now let's get you back to normal, OK? No tears, I'm here..."
Bakugou pulled Midoriya up, who nodded with a brave smile through the pain.
"I'm here."