Chapter 6

The laughs echoed around the classroom and all Midoroya could do was look around, an embarrassed and scared look on his face. They weren't laughing with him, they were mocking him with their laughter. He locked eyes with Bakugou, any sense of softness from before was gone, replaced by rage. The bell went for the school to be let out and the teacher left the classroom. Group by group, the class piled out after him, still laughing and talking among themselves. There were only two students remaining.
"K-Kacchan..." Midoriya murmured, watching the other pack his stuff slowly and throw his backpack over his shoulder. The green-haired boy collected his things and walked over to Bakugou hesitantly. "I-I can expl-"
He was cut off by a loud BANG as he was thrown against the wall in a firey blast. He hit the back wall of the classroom and slid down it until he was sat down, his back and front aching from the force. He trembled as Bakugou roughly shoved the chairs and desks to the side, toppling over ones that hadn't already been thrown over.
"You... useless... nerd!" Bakugou yelled, his hand sparking mote explosions, "I'm supposed to be the one who gets into UA from this shitty hellhole they call a school! Me! I'm so much better than the likes of you! I will not let my reputation be ruined by you following me around, especially before the entrance exam even starts! You're just a pathetic, replaceable, quirkless loser!" He spat, sending another blast at the terrified shorter boy.
Tears formed in Midoriya's eyes as he stared up at the enraged Bakugou, "I just want... a chance... please don't-"
"Just do us all a favour and die already! It will make my life so much easier!"
Now that struck hard. That much was obvious from how Midoriya fell silent, letting his tears overrun as he stumbled to his feet. Realisation of what he'd said washed over Bakugou and he realised he'd taken it too far.
"Wait, hang on-" He tried to stop Midoriya as he walked away, but couldn't.
"No... I get it... I'm just a waste of space, right? I'm just making your image look bad... I-I just wish you'd told me sooner... then I would've been out of your way. I don't want to ruin your success."
"Deku, hold up-!"
"Bye... Kacchan.." And he was gone, smiling that broken smile.
He wore that same smile the entire walk home, knowing he could let go once he was at home as his mother was out. Midoriya took the long route back though, hiding under a bridge and finally letting the sadness show. He couldn't even express how much the sadness was overwhelming, dominating his other feelings. It made him feel numb and less aware of his surroundings.
"Why do I even try...? I'm just wasted oxygen here. I wish I was never born, people would be so much happier that way..."
"Not I, little boy."
The voice came from the shadows. That shadow grew, loud squelching, muddy sounds resounding around the underside of the bridge. Midoriya leapt to his feet, backing up with wide eyes.
In front of him stood- no, slithered, the large sludge villain. The villain was looking for a human vessel, and Midoriya had walked straight into his clutches.