Chapter 17

About a week later;

Midoriya was over the moon, to say the least.
His childhood crush was now being so much kinder and sweeter to him, he was training to become a hero and people had started bothering him less. That didn't mean it had stopped, but it was getting better. Also, it was getting anonymous. Midoriya couldn't figure out who was targeting him because they'd always do it in secret.
He walked into school the next morning, noting that the bulletin board was always updated on Mondays, so he headed over. Midoriya smiled as he walked, feeling a lot brighter than he usually did. This was because they were ever-nearing the time to apply for their high schools. He'd be trying for Yuuei.
As he neared the board, his face fell though. Stabbed against the blue board with a safety pin was the note he'd received that sent him into an attack, rewritten and with more words. Someone had done their research. He just stared at the note, obviously aimed at him, as a small group of people passed him. He'd be lying if he said he hadn't heard their scornful chuckles and mocking words.
Midoriya tightened his grip of his backpack straps, shaking a little as he took down the note and walked to a bin. He ripped the note to shreds and threw it away. He was getting better at not taking people's shit, at least.
Visibly.
Inwardly, it hurt him just as much as it usually did and he ended up crying behind the school until Bakugou found him and helped him up. "Deku... ignore those bastards. They're just jealous-"
"Jealous of what, Kacchan!? Jealous of how I'm quirkless? Oh yeah, that sounds like something someone should be jealous of!" Midoriya had cut him off and ran away, his face in his hands. He hadn't noticed Bakugou's hand spark aggressively as he left.

~ TIME SKIP TO NEXT DAY ~

The green-haired boy was walking home from school at last, side-by-side with Bakugou. They hadn't had a real conversation since Midoriya's little outburst and everytime he tried to start one Bakugou would shut him down. He sighed, stopping at Bakugou's house and waving goodbye as he carried on back to his own.
Once in the house, Midoriya started to read while lifting a weight. The exams for Yuuei would be upon him soon, so he was training harder than ever. His muscles had become a little more noticeable because of the hours of training he did daily and he was growing more satisfied with it everyday. His body needed to be in the perfect shape for when One For All would be passed onto him. He smiled as he thought of this and stood up, walking put the house.

Bakugou had decided to follow Midoriya down to the beach to watch him work again. He'd done this a few times, not always revealing himself. He sat on the same bench and watched as Midoriya took off his short and started lifting heavy objects and throwing them away. The beach had become a lot less trashy because of Midoriya's training and that made Bakugou chuckle softly.
'Same old Deku. Training for himself while simultaneously helping others.' He shook his head gently, watching the other figure on the beach work away with little to no effort. Bakugou blushed softly as he realised he was keeping his focus on Midoriya's chest and quickly looked away, his scowl deepening.
'Will all this hard work be for nothing though?'
That was the only thing bothering him. Whether Midoriya would even get into Yuuei after all of this.