14 // ❀

[POSTED SONG: All I Want For Christmas Is You by Mariah Carey]

A/N: i love christmas music

📍Madrid, Spain📍

Harry is guiding me through the crowd of paparazzi and fans, shielding me from all of the flashes, knowing that I'm not used to this kind of setting. Harry stops a few times to greet his fans and Graham and Ruth are stringing close behind. As we get to the front of the airport, there are two sets of vans waiting for us. Harry, Graham, Ruth, a security guard, and I get into one while the rest of the crew piles into the other. The driver speeds away as soon as the doors close.

We're on our way to a restaurant Harry tells me that the crew always goes to when they're in Spain. Tons of people crowd the sidewalks when we arrive at a restaurant located on the bottom floor of a three-story building, hidden away in a block full of apartment complexes.

The crew vacates the vehicle and Harry grabs my arm and pulls me aside gently when we get inside the restaurant.

"Follow me," he whispers and looks around to make sure that nobody notices we're sneaking away. He maneuvers through the many hallways as if he's been here a thousand times, which he probably has, and we get to a door at the end that's labeled Stairs.

"Where are we going?" I ask.

"The roof," he beams and lets go of my arm. Dear Lord.

I follow him through the doors and up the long staircase. We finally reach the top and he opens the large metal door revealing what he promised; a roof.

We step out and the view from up here is absolutely unbelievable. The entire roof is full of potted plants and trees and flower petals smother the floor.

He continues to walk away and I follow. We reach the edge of the roof and are now leaning against a railing, looking over the cityscape and at the busy streets below.

We don't say anything for a few minutes. We kind of just stand in comfortable silence admiring the view in front of us.

"Alright. Which Hawaiian island are you from? How many siblings do you have? State one random fact I probably don't know about you. And... go." Harry crosses his arms over his chest and holds a hand up to his chin.

"What is this? The first day of some sort of youth group circle?"

He rolls his eyes. "They're just questions I thought of and have been wanting to ask for a while. See, I even wrote it all down in my phone," he says and shows me the screen of his phone revealing a long list of very specific questions. He motions for me to continue.

"Oahu. I have two siblings, one older and one younger. And I never learned how to swim."

"You don't know how to swim?!" he asks surprised and I nod. "But you grew up on an island!"

"Okay, just because I grew up on an island doesn't mean I woke up and swam in the ocean every morning," I tease. He nods his head as if to say Touche. That's actually one of my pet peeves: people making fun of me for not knowing how to swim even though the beach was just in my backyard.

"Alright so now that we've got the awkward 'getting-to-know-you' bit out of the way, I'm sure you know all about my life," he cockily remarks. I roll my eyes and laugh. Oh little does he know.

"I actually do," I admit.

"No way," he snaps his head in my direction, staring at me in disbelief.