23 // ★578 days before★

[POSTED SONG: You Belong With Me by Taylor Swift]

A/N: Ria relates to this song

Where's my gray button up? I need my gray button up. I have to be ready in ten minutes and I still can't figure out what the fuck to wear. Why is this so fucking difficult?

"Shit," I mutter to myself after tripping over the small mountain of clothes on the floor that was accumulated within the last 30 minutes of me trying to find my damn gray button up.

"Aww you're so cute when you're so flustered," Ria teases in which I respond with a middle finger in her direction. She doesn't hesitate for a second to return the gesture.

She's too busy sitting on my bed, flipping through the stacks of magazines, to help me find that goddamn gray button up.

"I'm serious. I need help," I huff and at this point I'm pacing back and forth like a mad man.

She groans in irritation but gets up from my bed to sift through Mount-Unnecessary-Clothing.

"Well, you're obviously not going to find whatever it is you're looking for in time, so just wear this," she says and hands me my dark blue button up with tiny white sail boats patterned all over.

It's not nearly as nice as the gray one, but I'm on a time crunch right now, so it'll have to do.

I'm already wearing my black jeans so I hastily put on the dark blue shirt and Ria buttons it up for me. I look over at the mirror and ruffle through my hair as she runs a lint roller over my shirt and finishing the look off by rolling the sleeves up halfway.

"Stop jittering. You look nervous," she calls me out.

"Because I am nervous! I haven't dated in a while." I knew somehow that she was going to interrogate me further on what I meant by that, considering I've had a few public "flings" before. But instead, she decides to just end it there and I'm glad.

She reaches over me to grab something from the closet. My eyes follow her movements to see that she's found my coat.

"You should wear this," she says. "In case Elise gets cold or something."

"Smart," I point at her and grab the coat from her hands. Wow, Ria would make a great boyfriend.

Her phone beeps and she grabs it from her back pocket and her eyes scan the screen.

"Speak of the devil," she waves her phone in front of my face and I see Elise's name appear on the top of the notification screen. I glare at her and she raises her hands in defense.

"Kidding! But I have to go. Elise is also having a wardrobe panic attack so I'll be right back."

My heart jumps a little to know Elise is as agitated as I am.

Ria opens the door to leave. "Maybe," she adds. "Or not. I don't really know I might just go back to my room and nap or something." She shuts the door behind her and I'm left alone with my overbearing nerves.

A little time has passed and I find myself nervously shaking in the living room. Bobby is waiting patiently at the door and Ria and Elise descend the staircase like floating angels.

Well, at least Elise is descending the staircase like a floating angel. Ria just looks like her sidekick average soul in Purgatory slumpily walking down the stairs in great struggle.

A small scowl appears on her face and I'm still convinced she can read my mind. No offense, Daisy.

Elise looks absolutely stunning and it confuses me to think she was freaking out earlier as she tried to figure out what to wear. I can tell she has light makeup on, she's gorgeous without it, but it enhances her already pretty features.