26 // ❀

[POSTED SONG: Everybody Hurts by R.E.M.]

"Where were you?! Oh my God, you're in soooo much trouble," Lou teases as Harry walks in.

The night was already getting late so Graham excused us all to go back to the hotel. Harry and Elise didn't show up on time, like they were supposed to, and Graham went on a whole scavenger hunt looking for them. When we got back to the hotel, I stayed with Lou and Amelia in their room for a while before Harry finally decided to show up an hour later.

"Chill, woman! I already got lectured I don't need to hear it again," Harry whines and takes the empty spot next to me on the couch. He curls up into a ball and rests his head on my lap, closing his eyes and pretending to sleep so that he doesn't have to hear shit from Lou.

"Stupid," I hear Amelia mutter when she walks into the bathroom.

"Anyways, what took you so long?" Lou asks. She now has a toothbrush in her mouth and is trying her best not to spit anywhere as she talks.

Harry explodes in a fit of laughter as he explains the events of tonight. Harry and Elise snuck away to go on a romantic gondola ride just down the lake. The gondolier had absolutely zero english speaking skills, but they of course didn't find that out until they were already several hundred feet away from the docks. So whenever the dude asked questions, they had no idea how to respond, which ended up with them on the other side of the lake at a different part of the city. And that it was Harry's grand idea to keep their phones in the car so that they didn't have any distractions. They had to sneakily find their way back to the boat but by the time they did, we were already long gone. Elise had to get to the airport or else she'd miss her flight so he brought her there via taxi. All the meanwhile, Graham was having a heart attack and Harry didn't even have his phone.

Even though my anxiety levels grew while he was telling this story, he found it hilarious how the vein in Graham's neck was on the verge of popping. Lou and Amelia, obviously, found it hilariously entertaining as well so the three of them clapped like seals and laughed like donkeys while I remained quiet.

I know this is going to sound stupid, but, I feel almost betrayed that Harry and Elise went on a gondola ride of all the things they could've done. I remember telling Harry that one time about my dreams of riding a gondola and it irritates me that he brought Elise. I don't even know why I feel this way. That's the most frustrating part! But I, for sure, am not going to put on a fake smile if I don't have to.

"Laugh, Daisy, it's funny!" Harry looks up at me. He's still laying on my lap and I only notice now that my brows are furrowed.

I consider for a second entertaining them with a chuckle but my plans are immediately shot down when Harry's hand darts up with his fingers spread in a claw shape. I know his exact intentions of tickling me to get me to crack a smile but I'm just not having it today.

Before he can even move a muscle, I gently push him off of me and hurriedly get up from the couch. I can tell I've killed the mood, as I usually do, when I walk straight out of the room without so much of a goodbye or a glance in their direction.

Shit, I wish these stupid hotel doors didn't close automatically because that would've made my dramatic exit much more effective if I were able to slam it.

Without even thinking I make my way back to my room so I could at least get some decent hours of sleep in. It seems that I don't feel the stupid jealous-filled heartache whenever I'm asleep. So I've found myself sleeping a lot more lately.

I know Harry is going to come in here any second to ask me what's wrong and I don't want to seem like a fucking psycho to have to explain my jealousy for Elise when, to his knowledge, I don't have any feelings for him.