53 // ❀295 days before❀

[POSTED SONG: Don't Say Goodbye by Sammy Johnson]

A/N: some good ass island music

also, for the next few chapters i suggest reading them late at night under your covers after watching "My Best Friend's Wedding" or something equally heartbreaking

sorry not sorry

📍New York City, New York📍

"Alright, which one should I display more tonight? Cleavage or ass?" Elise asks holding up two different dresses in each of her hands. One dress looking way too short and skin tight sure to flash people when she bends over to pick something up. The other dress is a little longer yet the chest is exposed significantly.

"Cleavage definitely," Lou chimes in as she bursts through the doors of my bedroom, throwing herself on my bed and closing her eyes.

Amelia follows after and says "I agree. You already have a big ass, honey," she says and lays next to Lou.

They're already dressed and ready for my birthday tonight, leaving Elise and I to finish up. I curl my lashes, touching my makeup up a bit, and straighten my hair, letting it fall behind my back.

"How are you and Mark?" I ask Elise. Lou decided to blast upbeat tempo music to get us in the mood requiring me talk louder than usual.

"Great! He finally moved out to LA with me and is attending UCLA to study law," she responds as she swipes a tube of lip gloss over her plump lips.

"That's great," I say and she nods in agreement. Then I find myself wishing for my relationship only to turn out as easy as hers.

"Where's Harry?" Elise asks.

"I don't know... he hasn't texted me yet. I'm assuming he's still stuck at the airport or in traffic or something," I say with a little disappointment. I grab my phone from the top of my dresser checking to see if I got any new notifications. I didn't.

After about an hour of changing, talking, and opening up presents, we're all finally ready to hit the nightclub. I personally didn't want to do anything extravagant, a night in would've been fine, but Elise insisted since she was in the city for the weekend and wanted to hang out with me.

Where the hell is Harry? I've been texting and calling, he should've landed hours ago.

Right before the guard at the front lets us in the building, I check my phone one last time to find nothing there for me.

But Harry was supposed to be our body guard tonight...

I'll just wait it out and see what happens.

♩♫♪♬

"Here ya go, babe," Elise practically yells over the loud music as she shoves a bottle of beer in my direction.

"Can't," I say and point at the bright, neon colored stamp on my wrist.

"Ahhh... you're such a saint! Let's dance," she slurs and Lou and Amelia both shriek in agreement. The three of them help pull me up from my spot on the sofa and lead me to the dance floor.

I roll my eyes and laugh at how insane they look right now under the influence.

How did I end up being the party mom on my own birthday? Whatever, watching my three idiots act like idiots is entertaining enough.

"You've been staring at your phone for the past hour!" Elise yells and snatches my phone away, shoving it into her clutch, and leading the four of us to the middle of an uncomfortably warm and sweaty group of drunk dancers.