%Chapter Eleven%

Drake's POV

It kills me to lie to Nicki. I never got in some fight with a dude that messed up my shoulder. I've been telling everyone that same story for years. I've only told one person the truth.

Nicki is sleeping peacefully on my chest. I fell asleep and woke up again, so I just watch her. Her shoulders rise and fall as she snores lightly. I can see her eyes moving underneath her eyelids. She must be having a dream.

I carefully lay her down on the bed and lie on my side by her stomach.

"I'm kind of excited," I whisper. "You aren't an accident, but you weren't planned, either. I'm happy. I'm not mad at all." I kiss Nicki right above her bellybutton. "We're here for you. No matter what, we'll never give you up. Your momma is gonna kill me during birth, I can see it already. I love you already, baby. This is a good place. You're gonna love it here. Your mom and I are tough people. We're stubborn, too, and we'll protect you through thick and thin. We'll make sure nobody tries to take you away. Fuck the haters. Okay? Don't let them get to you." I take Nicki's limp hand in mine. "I love you already."

Nicki stirs. I get up off the bed and pick my phone up, exiting the room. I close the door quietly and send a group text to all of my friends:

Guys, come over my house, Nicki and I have some news! -Aubrey

Thirty minutes later, Wayne knocks at the door. "Aye, wassap."

"Come in, man." I hold the door open. "Everyone here?" I ask as I follow Wayne into the living room. He, Noah, Kira, Kelly, and Justin nod at the same time. The boys are on the couch while the two girls are on the loveseat.

I stand, leaning on a wall. I stare at my hands. "So, Nicki and I. . ." I clear my throat. "Well, we learned today that. . . uh."

"He didn't use protection."

All of our heads look in the direction of Nicki's voice. She leaned against the kitchen door frame and smirking. She's wearing one of my shirts and some white jeggings.

Wayne laughs. "Good goin', bruh!"

"You changed?" I mouth to her and she nods.

  "So. . . does that mean. . ." begins Noah, a smile forming on his face.

"Mmhmm." I walk over to Nicki and put an arm around her waist.

"YOU'RE GONNA BE PARENTS OMIGOD!" squeals Kira.  She runs over and hugs us both tightly.

"Thanks!" says Nicki. "I can't breathe."

Kira lets us go and beams. "We need to celebrate!"

"But before that, we need to go to the doctor." I kiss Nicki on her forehead. "Just to be sure."

"And for your shoulder." Nicki butts in. My heart stops.

Noah gives me a confused look. "Why?"

"Drake told me that he got in this fight a few years back and messed up his shoulder. Earlier today he looked in a lot of pain, so I'm forcing him to go get help."

Kira glances at me. "But that didn't--"

I shoot her a glare and she stops talking. Then I give Nicki, who looks majorly confused now, a warm smile. "Ready to go?"

She takes a minute to answer. "Yeah! The rest of you guys can follow us in the cars you came here in."

We all leave the house and arrive at the doctor. Nicki signs a clipboard and we all sit in the waiting room.

"Onika Maraj?" calls a woman from behind a door.

Nicki and I stand up. "Yes?"

The woman gestures for us to come in, so we walk across the waiting room and into the office. The smell of antiseptic and latex gloves hits me like a brick. I take a deep breath.