&Chapter Thirty&

Nicki's POV

When I pry my eyes open, I smile. I'm close to Drake's face. He's so cute when he's sleeping. So peaceful. Well, most times. Right now, his lips are slightly parted and he's frowning in his sleep. I hear him moan slightly.

I sit up and observe him. I watch as his breathing picks up some and he scrunches his eyes closed even more. He's holding his stomach with both arms.

Fever dream, I think. I remember that when I used to get sick like that that I would have fever dreams. More like nightmares. 

I reach over and feel his forehead. He's hotter than yesterday. I frown a little. Fuck. That means flu shots. For all of us. Shit.

Drake finally calms down and opens his eyes. He looks unfocussed for a minute, then his eyes land on me. "Nicki?" he croaks.

"Hey, sickness," I joke and he smiles at me. "Have a nice sleep?"

Drake shakes his head. "Not at all."

I nod. "I could tell. Were you having a bad dream?"

"Yeah."

I lean in. "Do you wanna talk about it?"

He shakes his head. "Not now."

I stand up. "Well, in the meantime, we need to get flu shots. You might spread it."

"Okay."

I pull some pants on and put on one of his shirts and go to the bathroom to search for medicine. "What's wrong?"

"Everything," he responds from the bed. I rummage through his medicine cabinet and find nothing. I roll my eyes.

"Be more specific. Aha!" I pull a bottle of NyQuil from the cabinet. "Okay. What's wrong?" I scan through the symptoms.

"Okay, um. My head hurts, my stomach hurts, my nose is stuffy, what else? Parts of my body just hurts in random places."

"Close enough. Here, take this." I step out of the bathroom and toss the bottle to him, which he catches easily. "This'll have to hold you off until we get to the doctor."

  He pours himself some and drinks it, making a face.

"So we're gonna go ahead and go now, sound good?"

"Sure." He gets out of bed stiffly and pulls a shirt over his head. He slips into some Nike sandals and smiles at me. "Okay. Let's go."

"Well, Mr. Graham, you do, in fact, have the flu."

Drake groans as the doctor scribbles some stuff on his clipboard. "So that means I have to get a flu shot?"

"Yes. You and the Mrs." The doctor pulls out a bin with two needles in it. I frown. I guess he saw this coming.

He takes a needle and gestures for Drake to come closer. Drake scoots on the cot to where the doctor is. The doctor rubs a little sanatizer on Drake's arm and sticks the needle in. Drake cringes.

"All done. It should take effect in a few hours." The doctor smiles and looks at me. "Your turn."

I stick my arm out and the doctor follows the same procedure as he did with Drake. He inserts the needle and I feel a slight prick, but it lasts a couple seconds.

He puts a Band-Aid on both of our arms. I chuckle. "Elmo?"

"It's the only Band-Aids we have." The doctor opens the door for us. "You both need rest in order for it to take effect. I suggest you go home and go to sleep. Okay?"

We walk of the room. "Have a good day!" says Drake.

We leave the building and drive home. We get in the bed and go straight to sleep.

This was a boring chapter.

And sorry that I haven't updated in a while.

But did y'all hear that Drake is for real sick?? I hear he hasn't been feeling well and he had to cancel a show! He's not even well enough to ride a plane and he has to get plenty of rest. ;-; I hope he feels better! I hope it's nothing too serious.

#getbetterdrake