(Chapter Sixteen)

Nicki's POV

"You lyin', cheatin' bitch!" Another slap. An explosion of pain spreads throughout my face. Tears spill down my cheeks.

"I coulda gave you anything!" A blow to the stomach. The air in my lungs gets punched out. I don't even try to escape. They brung me here and tied my legs and arms to a chair. Their faces are covered up so I have no idea who they are or how they know me.

This can't be good for the baby.

the sudden realization makes me start to cry.

"Aubrey," I sob. "Aubrey. . ."

"He's not coming for you!" one of the four men roars. He socks me in my stomach again and I cry out.

"Aaaaahh!"

My breath comes in hiccups and I cough up blood. It spills over my lips.

Then the door breaks down.

I look up wearily to see Drake, Wayne, and Noah standing there, armed.

"Let. Her. Go," Drake growls, furious. All I can do is stare at him with amazement.

The man who kept hitting me pulls off his mask. My heart sinks to the ground.

  "Safaree?" I squeak, my voice barely audible.

  Drake shoots me a "you know this guy?" look before Safaree lunges at him and tackles him to the ground. Wayne and Noah charge at the other men in the room, obviously enjoying the pain they're causing.

  Drake tosses Safaree off of him and gets to his feet. He aims the gun.

"Don't move," he says in a low, dangerous voice.

  "Fuck you!" taunts Safaree.

  Drake cocks the gun and shoots it near one of Safaree's feet. Safaree jumps and puts his hands up.

"Imma call the police. But first, you gonna untie my lady here. Then we gon' walk out of here real slowly. You gon' go to jail. Got it?" I notice that the way Drake talks changes when he's angry.

  A hard look on his face, Safaree nods slowly.

"Good. Untie her."

Keeping the gun on him the whole time, Drake motions for him to untie me. Safaree moves over and cuts the rope on my wrists and legs with a switchblade. I stumble out of the chair and collapse into Drake's arms, tears still slipping down my cheeks and blood staining my shirt. He puts a protective arm around me, wincing.

"Now let's go." Drake and I start backing up, and Wayne and Noah take Safaree by his arms and we all go outside. Drake calls the police and they show up in a matter of minutes. They take Safaree and his men away in police cruisers.

Drake helps me limp to his car. He buckles me in. Then he leans over, grabs my bruised face, and kisses me passionately. The pain in my body is excruciating, and my tears make their way into our kiss, but I missed him.

"I love you," he mumbles between kisses.

"I love you too," I whisper, my voice cracking. "I love you so much."

"I won't let them take you from me ever again." He pulls away and gazes into my eyes. He traces his index finger down my cheekbone. "If they do, baby, I want you to put up a fight for me." His eyes are glazed over and one tear escapes, but his facial expression doesn't change. "Okay?"