#Chapter Twenty#

Drake's POV

"I'm going into labor!" Nicki exclaims, looking at the liquid pooling in the seat.

I slam on the brakes and unbuckle my seat belt. Then I get out of the car and open Nicki's door. She's breathing loudly and quickly and she has sweat rolling down her body. She's clutching her stomach with one hand.

"Baby, stay calm," I soothe, though I'm feeling pretty uncool myself.

"HOW THE FUCK DO YOU EXPECT ME TO STAY CALM, NIGGA? YOU DID THIS TO ME!" Nicki reaches up and grabs me by my shirt collar. She yanks me down and brings me close to her face. "You did this," she hisses.

  "And I'm sorry! Honestly! But you gotta stay calm!" I already knew she was gonna react like this. The handbook says that most women do. I pull put my phone and dial 911.

"911, what is your emergency?" says a woman.

  "My girlfriend is in labor," I say as calmy as possible.

  "Okay, we'll have an ambulance there right away. Can you tell me your location, sir?"

  "I don't know. We've stopped on the side of a long road." I look down  the road. It's pretty much deserted and there're no signs.

"We've found your phone location, an ambulance is heading your way."

"Thank you." I hang up and look at Nicki. She's attempting to leave the car.

"Where do you think you're going?" I question, blocking her way.

"To. . .the backseat, dumbass," she grunts. "I need to lie down."

  I move and open the back doors. Nicki doubles over and I help her lie back in the seat. She takes loud, deep breaths and she scrunches her eyes shut.

"Okay. . ." I pull Nicki's shoes, pants, and underwear. "Baby, Imma need you to push for me." That's what I'm supposed to do, right?

  Nicki nods and grunts. She seems to hold her breath for a long time before gasping and trying again. I see her trying to push but nothing happens.

"Wha. . ." Nicki props herself up on her elbows. "Why don't I feel anything. . ." Her voice is breathy.

My eyes widen with sudden realization. "Shit."

"What?"

"You might have to get a C-section." My stomach does a cartwheel.

Nicki just stares at me. Then she flops down on her back and screams. I reach in the car and hold her hand in an awkward position where my back is bent at a weird angle but my legs are out.of the car. Nicki stares into my eyes as tears collect in hers.

"Baby, it's gonna be okay." I'm panicking. The ambulance isn't even here yet. Nicki and/or the baby could be in potential danger. I feel my heart rate pick up and I grip Nicki's limp hand in mine a little harder.

Finally, after five more minutes, I hear sirens. I crawl out of the car and see an ambulance approaching us. They stop a couple inches from the car and two men pull out a stretcher. Two other men carefully pick up a dazed Nicki and set her body on the stretcher and they wheel her in. I climb in after them, but a man stops me.

"You'd best get your car, sir."

I open my mouth to protest but then I realize how angry Nicki will be if I left our only source of transportation sitting in the street. I nod and run to  buckle into my car, shove the key in the engine, and drive after the ambulance that's pulling away.

I pull up to the parking lot of the tall hospital that's next to several other buildings. The ambulance goes to the ER parking. I get out of my car and  race through the door to see them wheeling Nicki down a narrow hallway. Panting, I go to the waiting room where I sit heavily in a chair and call all of my friends on a four-way call.

"Guys," I say when they all pick up.

"Yeah?" asks Wayne.

"What?" Noah asks.

"Is everything okay?!" frets Kira and Kelly on the same line, and I guess that they're having girl time or some other shit.

"Nicki, she. . ." I take a shuddering breath. "She went into labor while we were driving home."

"Huh?!" I hear Kira exclaim. "IS SHE OKAY?!"

"We don't know. I was trying to help her deliver but she couldn't. She might have to get a C-section. I'm at the hospital now."

"Well let's hurry up and get there! What hospital?" Kelly presses.

"It's in the middle of nowhere. At least I think it is. It's by the restaurant we left you guys at. I have no idea what it's called."

"I know which one. Come on, Kira, let's go." Then they hang up. The boys are still on the phone.

"So. . ." Noah says.

"Bye, y'all," Wayne says and hangs up. It's just me and Noah left.

"See ya around," he says.

"Bye." I click the "End Call" button and run a finger through my hair. About two seconds later, Kira and Kelly storm in. I raise and eyebrow.

"The fuck?"

"Before you ask, we sped here." Kira tucks a lock of her weave behind her ear and sits next to me. Kelly sits on the other side.

"You okay?" Kelly asks quietly, looking at me.

  I respond by putting my head in my hands and staying like that for a while.

Guys, imma have the next part in about an hour, if not two, so stay tuned!

  ヽ(^。^)丿