+Chapter Eighteen+

Drake's POV

When Nicki leaves, I get out of bed and throw some boxers on. I find a pair of baggy jeans and one of those tight, athletic shirts and put those on, too. I pull on a pair of Jordans and head the bathroom to brush my teeth when I hear glass shatter downstairs.

Immediately, I run down the stairs and to the kitchen. Nicki is on her knees, holding onto the counter with one hand and clutching her stomach with the other.

"Nic!" I rush over to her and try to help her up. She gasps in pain and grunts.

"Aubrey," she breathes.

"I'm here, baby." I pull my phone from my pocket and start to dial 911 when Nicki looks up at me and smiles.

  "Haaaaah!" She points at me and laughs. "The look on your face!"

  "What the actual fuck?" I'm genuinely pissed. I can't believe she would pull some shit like this, especially since I'm already so stressed about those guys coming after her again, and the baby could be here any moment. Now she wants to joke about it? Got me fucked up.

  "The handbook says we gotta have at least one drill."

  I get up and storm upstairs and into my room, slamming the door. I need to cool down.

Nicki opens it a few moments later. She's still got a smile on her face. "Awe, I'm sorry. . ." She walks over and sits behind me, giving me a massage. "I'm sorry," she whispers in my ear, and I hear the truth.

"You better be." I continue to pout, crossing my arms.

"Really. . ." Nicki leans against my back and I can feel her stomach more than the rest of her body. She rubs her hands on my chest and I sigh.

"Mkay. Apology accepted. But don't do that shit again, I nearly pissed myself." I give her a lopsided smile.

  I see her look down.

"I said nearly."

"I wasn't looking at your pants, dipstick."

  I look down too and cover myself up with both hands. "Shit."

Nicki laughs loudly and kisses my cheek. Then we both lay down on the bed, just staring into each other's eyes.

"What about that cup you dropped?" I ask softly.

"Clean it up, nigga." She closes her eyes.

"Why me?"

"Because it's gonna take me forever to try and squat down to sweep that shit up. Two, I'm tired."

"You didn't make my breakfast."

"Too bad." Her voice gets quieter, and soon she's asleep, her soft snores soothing me. I smile and scoot down so that my head is level with her stomach. I rub and kiss it.

"You're almost here," I whisper. "Just a couple weeks, probably. We're ready for you and we hope that you arrive safely, baby." I kiss her belly once more before dozing off.

Once again, it was short. It'll be longer next chapter, I promise. Should I skip ahead right to the good stuff? Not past the birth, but you know what I mean.

(^_^;)