$Chapter Thirty-Eight$

~~One Month Later~~

  Nicki's POV

Still no sign of her.

Still no sign of my baby.

The police had called off the search a long time ago. We can't do it ourselves, for the risk of getting killed again AND because we have no idea where to start looking. They could be anywhere.

"Nic." Aubrey shakes me lightly. I'd been laying on the couch, staring at the ceiling.

"Mm. Yeah?'

"My doctor's appointment. C'mon."

We leave the house and drive to the doctor.

Drake and I haven't really been talking. The house has been mad silent. We avoid each other. Not because we hate each other or anything, but because we're more in shock of it all. Our little baby, our Audrey, has been taken from us and there ain't shit we can do about it.

So at the doctor's office, who is once again, the Eye Rapist Dr. Terri, who's checking Aubrey.

"Everything seems fine," she says, a smile plastered on her face. I have to admit, she's gorgeous, with sort of a mother-ish glow. She's the type of person that'll make you smile just because she's there.

"You just need one final injection before you leave. This should help the body fully recover."

"Oh, okay." I watch Drake carefully. His face seems. . .stressed. Like he's staring into this woman's eyes. . .

I shake the jealousy from my head.

Chill, B.

I take a deep breath and watch as Dr. Terri plunges a weird, rusty red colored liquid into Drake's arm with a long needle. He cringes and the liquid flows into his bloodstream.

"Okay! You're good to go. I'll see you for your next checkup in a month." She waves and we leave the building.

Two days latah, nigga!

I sit on the couch with Drake, watching Teen Mom.

"Do we have to watch this?" Drake groans. "For real. . ."

"Yes, because there's nothing else on." I rub my head. I've been feeling weird all day and it's bothering me.

Shit, I'm not pregnant again. . . am I?

No, I couldn't be. Drake and I haven't fucked since, like, three months again. Either we never have time, we get interrupted, or too much shit is going on at the time. To be honest, I've been missing sex. We went from fucking every week to only once in a while.

I get up, sniffing the air. "Baby, are you cooking something?" It smells like the way a burnt pizza would smell, but stronger.

"No. . . why?"

I walk into the kitchen and open the oven. "Because I smell something burning. I think it's all the shit at the bottom of the oven!"

"Hold on." I hear Drake get up from the couch with a grunt and he stumbles into the kitchen, a weird expression on his face. "What's up?"

"Look at all this burnt shit at the bottom of the oven," I say, gesturing at the black crumbs in there. "We should start being more careful."

I'm not facing Drake, so when I turn around waiting for an answer, I notice that he's holding his head and leaning on the counter.

"What's wrong?" I automatically ask.

"I don't feel good," he says, closing his eyes. "Maybe I caught something, I'm gonna go lay down."

"Alright." A hint of concern tinges my voice as he heads back into the living room. I hear him walk upstairs.

Come to think of it, I'm feeling like shit myself. I laugh out loud. Maybe Aubrey's pregnant. Oh, lawd.

I keep laughing walk in the living room and fall on the couch. My head feels light. I lean back against the couch. A commercial is playing on the TV, so I close my eyes.

"Nicki," I hear Aubrey whimper.

I frown and turn in the direction of the stairs just in time to see Aubrey collapse on the floor.

I launch myself from he couch and rush over to him. I cradle him to my chest. He's burning up and sweating, and his skin is a shade lighter than it should be. His body shakes violently in my arms and I get scared.

"What the hell. . ." I start to become dizzy and I get that feeling that makes me wanna throw up. I feel myself starting to heat up, as the strange smell of the house becomes stronger and stronger, hitting my nostrils.

"Uh," I hear myself moan before I black out.

Short, but sums up the next part of the chapter. (^~^)