+Chapter Forty+

Nicki's POV

I'm tied to a chair for the second time in my life.

The second fucking time.

"Y'all really need to stop actin' like y'all are a fuckin' mob," I sneer at Safaree, who's standing in front of me with a content look on his face. "This chair shit gets old, bruh!"

"Nah, chill girl! I ain't here to hurt you. You lucky we only tied your arms in the first place." Safaree walks closer to me and I can smell his fresh Axe cologne. "I just need to tell you what's goin' down. Ya know. With Drake and yo little girl, uh. . ."

"Audrey."

Safaree snaps his fingers, remembering. "Ah, that's it! Audrey. Beautiful name, by the way."

"Gee, thanks. My boyfriend came up with it. Emphasis on 'boyfriend', nigga, so don't get no ideas."

"Chill, girl. I'm just supposed to talk to you first."

"So talk!"

"Well, for starters. . ." Safaree paces around the room, holding his chin like he's thinking. "You ain't gon' be with ya boy Drake no mo', that's one thing. . ."

Wait, what?

"Whatchu mean?" I ask in a high voice.

Safaree takes a seat across from me, facing the back of the chair towards him so that his chest is against it. "Well. . ."

So he explains the whole situation with Aubrey and this girl named Kelsie.

Maliah's sister? Oh, God.

Then about. . .

"A DAUGHTER?!" I shout. "What the hell? He got another daughter?!"

Safaree nods, not really caring. "Mmhmm. She pretty, too. Wanna see her?"

"Uh, sure," I mumble, still fuming.

A daughter.

Seriously?

Safaree pulls his phone out and shows me a picture of a smiling girl with bouncy curls that frame her round face. Her eyes are a shiny hazel and she has Aubrey's smile.

Oh, God.

She looks exactly like him!

  "Holy shit."

"A'ight, so now that you know about her, apparently Kelsie and Drake agreed on something. . ."

As Safaree goes into detail, my heart drops lower into the ground and my eyes begin to water. He's leaving us? He can't. We need him.

"Where's Audrey?" I suddenly blurt.

"Audrey? Oh! She's in the next room. I'mma get her for you, okay?"

I nod. Safaree is being extremely nonchalant about this whole situation. Knowing him, he's got something up his sleeve.

I dated Safaree about three years before I met Aubrey. He was the longest I'd been with at that point. I loved him. We did everything together.

Before the beatings.

He would come home drunk and high at the same time, horny when I wasn't. He never took "no" for an answer and raped me. It was like that almost every night, and if he didn't have sex with me, he would hit me instead. And it was all the same in the morning, full of "I'm sorry's" and "I didn't mean to's". I would accept those apologies because I didn't want to lose the one relationship I had a hold on. But one day, he took it too far. I had found out I was pregnant about two weeks ago and was planning on telling Safaree when he got home from work.