@Chapter Twenty-Five@

Nicki's POV

"Fuck!" I say as I hang up the phone. I dash upstairs and grab Audrey, who's laying in her crib and smiling at the ceiling above her. I run back downstairs and into the basement we never use. It's cold and dark, but safe. I sigh and lean back up against a wall.

Maybe I should leave Audrey down here. . . I think to myself. I need to take out the niggas that are causing this shit. Yeah. I should leave her down here.

I run back upstairs and drag Audrey's crib down. Then I set her inside. She's quiet for some reason. Good girl. She probably knows we're in danger.

I trudge upstairs again and go into the kitchen. I arm myself with the biggest knife we have. Not to kill, but to seriously injure. I walk around the house for ten minutes, inspecting every corner, piece of furniture, every room. . . I haven't found anything so far.

  I'm scared out of my mind. My heartbeat seems so loud that I feel like it's echoing throughout the house. Safaree is one of the many boyfriends that I had dumped because he abused me. I had recognized the men who captured me when Drake came to save me. They were all boyfriends. . . I feel like they've created some sort of group to kill me. I can't believe it. These are people who hurt me to the point where I started seeing other people on the side secretly. This certain bad luck with men and relationships made me hesitate to even be with Drake. I thought he was that type of person. Now I know that he's pretty harmless.

I hear the front doorknob twist. I run over to it and stand behind the door. It pushes open and nearly smacks me in the face. A man with a black hoodie and grey pants walks in. He slams the door behind him and locks it. He doesn't have a weapon, but he's pretty buff. I scoot quietly from behind and lunge at him. I tackle him onto the floor, my ass on the crotch of his pants and his back making a loud thud noise. I'm pinning him down at his shouders. I see his face and widen my eyes.

"Jason?" I ask.

He doesn't say anything, just pushes me off of him. I fall with an oof and the knife flings out of my grasp. I sit up, gasping in sudden pain. My stitches just got put in, I can't be doing all of this shit!

Jason grabs the knife and walks over to me. "You ain't shit!" he spits. "I coulda gave you anything you wanted, babygirl." He drags the knife against my neck. I feel blood trickle down my skin. I'm completely still like any sudden movement could end my life.

"What do you want?" I whisper.

"You, baby." He stands me up and grabs my ass. "I just want you," he says, getting in my face and I smell stale cigarettes on his breath.

I punch him with all my strength and bolt into the living room.

"Bitch!" he roars and tackles me. He turns me over so that I'm on my back and punches me repeatedly in the face. By now, I'm crying. Sobbing, even.

Jason picks me up by my hair and uppercuts me in the stomach. The pain is so great that blood starts to flood from my mouth.

Suddenly the worst pain I could ever feel hits me in my midsection.

My stitches ripped.

Jason smiles and drops me. Blood starts to splatter onto the floor from right below my stomach. My vision focuses and unfocuses. I see Jason leave the house and lock the door behind him. I look down and see that I'm laying on my side in a pool of blood. Dazed, I manage to drag and prop myself up against the couch next to me. I leave a short trail of smeared blood.

I hear someone pounding on the door before darkness clouds my vision and I slump onto the ground.