Jack (Cont'd)

“Mr. Carlisle, I think 20 million dollars Is a fair deal, I think we have ourselves a good bargain, Just sign it off and we can proceed.”
I accept the pen from Atlantic’s C.E.O, I relax as I think about how the whole deal went over without a hitch, as I’m about to sign on the dotted line the intercom buzzes on my desk, “Mr. Carlisle…
“What is it?” I answer.
“Mr. Casper Shevrakian is here, should I send him in?”
I bite down hard on my jaw…he’s half an hour late. “Send him in.”
The door cracks open and the tall strapping form of Shevrakian enters through the door. He’s clad in a black blazer with a white shirt under, no tie. His beard is thick, black and full, just like his hair. He seems well kept despite the scruffiness.

“Good morning to you both, Mr. Carlisle and mr?”

“Reed,” Atlantic’s C.E.O responds. Casper shakes his hand then looks me in the eyes as he takes a seat across from me.

“Mr. Carlisle, inform me of what I’ve missed,” he commands, I stare him dead in the eyes unwaveringly. He smirks. This is my office, he better watch his tone with me. If we weren’t in the middle of a meeting, he’d probably get more than a hard stare.

  Nonetheless, I inform him of the proceedings. “Well, though I do trust Mr. Carlisle’s judgement, and you two seem to have come to your arrangement, my family owns 35-40% of Carlisle industries, that said, it means I have to sign off on certain deals that involve my shares-
“Your father’s shares…”
“Oh, thanks for correcting me Mr. Carlisle, as I was saying, I have to sign off and agree… except, I don’t agree… 20 Million, with all due respect, Atlantic is barely worth half of that in my eyes…”

Every word that comes out of his mouth makes my blood boil more.

“But me and Mr. Carlisle are already at an agreement, what are you saying, you want to change that? With all due respect Mr…?”

“Shevrakian…”

“I’ve never heard of you in this company, I’ve only dealt with Mr. Carlisle, be that as it may, I find your devaluing of my company to be highly insulting, half of Twenty million for my life’s work? That is preposterous.”

“Ten million is the only offer you’re getting me to sign off on, your shipping company is riddled with complaints, your service Isn’t top notch and frankly you’re only looking to sell because you see the value of it plummeting the way we do, with the current economy you should be glad to be getting even close to ten million.”

Mr. Reed scowled at Casper, “I’m done talking, come to me when you two have worked whatever it is you have out, Carlisle”

“Mr. Reed just give us a few days I’m sure we can come to some terms, I-

“I don't want to hear it, work out whatever is going on and then give me a call…”

I nod as he grabs all of his things from the table and shoves them in his bag with that same scowl on his face. He reluctantly shakes, mine then Casper’s hand, then loosenes his tie as he walks out mumbling to himself.
  I fling open the door as I come out behind Casper, he turns around “What the hell was that in there?” He smirks. “You came in half an hour late to my meeting and then blew of the client I worked my ass of to get.”
“Nice to see you again too, Jack.”
“You think this is a joke, you just potentially lost us millions over what, a tiny percent of the cost.” He steps forward. We're eye to eye and inches apart. “Yes… I did.”
My fists clench, “You think because your father owns some shares in MY company you can just walk in Fuck everything up, that’s not how it works around here, you better get in line or learn respect or…”
“Or what.” I pause.
“Soon I’ll own part of this company, you can either find a way to live with that or get out of my way, because I predict I’m probably gonna own all of this company some day…”
“You think because you served some tours in a third world country that you’re tough… You went to those places… I came from them.” I see a glint of something in his eyes. “I built this company with my own two hands from the ground, your father’s money only sped things up, without it I would’ve gotten here either way… give it your best shot, I’ve broken better men than you.”
He doesn't respond, the door cracks open, “Sir?” It's my secretary, I don't break eye contact with Casper. “uh..um there’s an Elias on the phone for you…” its my coach, I have a training session soon. “Okay, tell him I’ll be right there.” She closed the door.
“Remember my words Shevrakian,” I say as I walk off, he chuckles, “I will, as long as you remember to watch out for Bulldog’s left high kick, I hear it’s nasty.”
I freeze In my tracks and swallow hard. “What’s wrong Carlisle… you’re not the only one who can throw his weight around.”
I don’t turn to him. I just close the door and keep going.