The Fight (Part 3)

Jack

I raise my fists to my face, feeling in my legs and body is only now starting to return, I need to buy time to recover more. The referee looks at me, "Fighter are you ready?" I nod, He turns to bulldog and asks the same question, he nods and smirks at me, his team knows I'm badly hurt. The referee claps his hands together and that signals the round start.

Bulldog rushes forward, this is his mistake. I Fall back and drop a hard punch straight to his face, I can tell it stung him, I follow it up with two more then a hard kick to his leg that sends him backward limping. He circles around, hesitant to attack, this gives me more time to recover.

His team shouts at him to pressure me, that means to come forward and attack me while I'm still hurt. It would be the right move if he were facing a regular man, but I'm not a regular man, and besides, him coming forward is what I trained for.

He rushes toward me and I front kick him straight to the stomach, it pushes him back and I can see the pain on his face, I'm almost fully recovered and I can feel the power return to my body, I rush forward on him landing shot after shot to his face and body, always ending my combos with a hard kick to his leg, he tries to counter but the front kick at the start seems to have really done damage. He shoots forward for a takedown but my knee comes up and he eats it, bulldog goes down, he covers up and I swarm him, smashing my fist in to him, somehow he pulls out the strength to stand but I push him to the cage and go to work, hitting him with all I have, his back against the cage, that's when it happens. I feel my legs go out again and everything goes silent, my body tenses up and I hit the ground hard.
***

Elias

"Oh fuck! Coach! No!" Max shouts as Jack hits the ground, bulldog came up over Jack's punch with a mean right hook, catching jack clean on the ear, Jack goes down hard. This has to be it... Jack was barely conscious to begin with, he was getting it in good but no way he recovers from this.

Jack

I can't hear or feel much, All I see is bulldog's huge figure coming down at me and It registers in my brain what happened. He clipped me, a punch came from where I wasn't looking, outside my field of vision and that's what knocked me down.

My body moves without my brain as I see him coming down to ground and pound me, my hands come up to block but its like I'm not even here, he hits my face but I don't feel a thing, its like I'm under water.

Then everything rushes back in. My head hurts like hell and I feel out of breath but I cling to bulldog, pulling him toward me, trying to hold him down from getting up to a position in which he could unload on me even more. Warm fluid gets in my eyes making it hard to see, it's blood, my blood. I must've gotten cut when he hit me. I can't pay attention to it, I know if I hold him in place the referee will stand the fight back up eventually, it's something they do in mma to keep the action going, who wants to see two guys just laying on each other not doing anything?

He's strong and big, that makes it hard but I do my best. I see the referee come over, and he taps bulldog on the back, which means for us to stand up. We stand and reset, I feel out of breath and its hard to see out of my left eye with all the blood coming from my head as well as with the swelling that's started. The referee signals for us to return to fighting.

I approach bulldog carefully as I'm still rocked and on shaky legs, he throws a jab and then comes over the top I block but the force of the punch breaks my guard, and that's when I eat another one, throwing me to the ground again. The bell for the round ending goes off, once again I'm saved by it. Max hurries to me and Helps me up.

Elias

"Jack, get a hold of yourself, you lost round one and two, this is the final round, to win you have to knock him out or submit him, do you understand?" He nods.

I can tell that he can barely see out of his left eye, the cut is bad, but his face is really marked and swollen. He also looks semi conscious, he doesn't want me to stop this fight but the chances of him winning are really slim.

"Hey, Coach, I noticed something, I don't know if you picked up on it, but bulldog slowed down a lot after they got up at the end of the round, even though that last shot took jack down, it seemed laboured." Max blurted.

He's right, all the extra weight on bulldog has him slowed down and gassing out. This fight should have finished since round one and I'm guessing that's what they were banking on. I look over at bulldog and he seems to be breathing harder than before.

"Jack look at me, this is the final round, he's tired, you need to bring out everything that you have and put the pace on him, wear him down and finish him, okay?"

Jack nods and struggles off his stool. Round three is about to begin. It's all or nothing now.