Jack

The room is moving the way waves tumble and twist when you're under them. I can hardly find any sort of balance as I raise from the couch, is that Alice sleeping there?

I need a sink now.

Everything comes out in to the one in the kitchen. I just can't hold down my stomach, I've never been this dizzy in my life. I sink to the floor and close my eyes hoping it will stop. It doesn't.
I lay on my side and Bare my pain until I pass out again.
***
"Get of your fucking bed, you little twat." He grabs me by my t-shirt and pulls me off hitting me hard against the floor. "why are you sleeping this fucking late huh...useless!"
I skate my feet and scramble my way in to a corner as Sharon bursts through the door. "Don't hurt him please!" tears streaming from her eyes. He slaps her square across the face and she falls to the ground.

"See what you fucking made me do to my wife, Jack. HUH?"

The acidic smell of bile mixed with the sweetness of whiskey greet me. I know what comes next.
He unbuckles his belt.

"They should've left you in that shithole country you came from. At least there you fit in with all those other pieces of garbage, we should've left you in that orphanage."

The belt skids off my skin. My rent is due, living is never free anywhere.
***
"Jack, jack get up!" I feel someone shaking me.

"K-karen..."

"No, its me...Alice."

"Alice? Where am I?"

"You passed out near the sink, you were screaming in your sleep...Jack I'm worried..."

Her beautiful grey eyes sparkle in the morning light. I can't see through my right eye...its swollen shut. She helps me up. I put my arm around her and she carries me up to my room. I struggle to get my t-shirt off. I'm covered in sweat and my heart is racing.

"lay down, I'll go get you some aspirin."

I need it, my head is pounding and I can't remember what happened. The last thing I do remember is being in the cage with bulldog. The rest are faint flashes. She comes back with the pills and some water.

"What happened Alice?"

She gives me a look that I can't read.

"I was hoping you'd tell me, Jack."